Mojave Dual motor hobbywing 5690 GT width Mojave chassis street truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a 'relax vacation' you sometimes have even more time to tinker and search the internet to read on RC things and to buy than at home.;)
Nice project BTW, interested to see how it drives!
Enjoy your vacation.
I suppose that is true! More time to let the mind run free.

Thank you very much. It was an absolute blast in it's other configuration but it's certainly far more heavy like this so I'm wondering how that will play out. Also has way more torque of course. Considering doing 1/5 grps as they would have substantially more grip and might look a bit better with the scale but at twice the cost I'm not sure it's worth it

at twice the cost I'm not sure it's worth it
Wheels make me wince every time I shop for them. I was running some Sweep Road Crushers on my FireTeam/Kraton and bent one of the wheels (it was wobbling so bad I thought I bent my axle output shaft, but it was fine). I went to Hobby Heroes to put a new set in my cart and said NOPE, not paying $140 for 4 wheels. I can't believe I paid anywhere near that for the first set I bought. 🤮

For on the shelf I think these would look good. Not sure how they'd hold up to the dual motor setup.:rolleyes:
1718886324579.png

Wheels make me wince every time I shop for them. I was running some Sweep Road Crushers on my FireTeam/Kraton and bent one of the wheels (it was wobbling so bad I thought I bent my axle output shaft, but it was fine). I went to Hobby Heroes to put a new set in my cart and said NOPE, not paying $140 for 4 wheels. I can't believe I paid anywhere near that for the first set I bought. 🤮
Yeah dude tires are certainly a painful part of the hobby especially when it comes to street tires lol. Those road crushers are way too expensive for what they are I think. The 1/8 grps are such good tires for such a good price but for any car other than buggies and gt cars they look so goofy.
Looks awesome man. Great build, and loving the originality.
It just looks like its going to rip the wheels right off of it!
Thank you very much!! I love making stuff with carbon sheets and what not. Looking forward to working with the carbon rods and seeing what I can do.

Ripping the wheels off is half the purpose lol!!
For on the shelf I think these would look good. Not sure how they'd hold up to the dual motor setup.:rolleyes:
View attachment 374494
Oh yeah man those would look great especially with the tire writing

Yeah dude tires are certainly a painful part of the hobby especially when it comes to street tires lol. Those road crushers are way too expensive for what they are I think. The 1/8 grps are such good tires for such a good price but for any car other than buggies and gt cars they look so goofy.
Maybe 23mm Hex's and some 1/5th GRPs would look (and perform?) great.

Yeah I think they would but they are twice the price of 1/8 so I'm not sure if they are twice the worth. But I'm very tempted to give them a try.

I believe for that to work ,you would need 1/5 scale diffs ?? Yes it would look dope but on the engineering aspect side , f it would be horrible for the diffs

Yeah it should be fine, I would think the only question would be the grip they might have being much wider. But MT street tires are much heavier and even more grip so I don't think it's of any concern

The gearing is the fun part with those 43/10 F/R diffs in the FT/BR/K6, etc. I had to go 24T pinion and 36T spool on my FT with 107mm Hoons to get mid-70 mph last summer. The 43/10 diffs are spinning/screaming very loudly when you get up near full trigger pull compared to running a Typhon w/ 43/13, or Infxn w/ 42/15, diffs. I was afraid to go bigger pinion and 34T spool for fear of blowing the diff gears out of the plastic cases. :p

If he has the 42/15 diffs it should be less of an issue. If I change the diffs in the speed calc from 43/10 to 42/15 that 75mph estimate w/ 107mm wheels and 24/36 gears goes up to 116 mph.

PXL_20230413_224435592 (1).jpg

Currently in Malta on a cruise on the vacation I spoke about before and I'm walking downtown and some guy is driving a slash next to him like he's walking a dog lol.

Made me miss my toys
Malta? Shouldn’t they have Arrmas by now? You should have packed an extra bag with a 6s rig and a couple of extra batteries. Blown their minds, man!

Back