Dropped Spektrum SLT2 Radio... Now randomly shuts off. (Granite Grom)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumper2004

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
As the title said, I dropped the Transmitter and now it will randomly shut off.

It wasn't a high drop but still, one would think that it would manage to survive. Kids play with these things as much as adults.
LHS said that they don't make replacement Radios for the Granite Grom, but could go to a Spektrum RC SLT3 3-Channel SLT.
They advised that I shouldn't have to replace the ESC/Receiver. It should pair with the stock one. I have an inquiry into ARRMA
about it so we shall see. There isn't any external damage, and the only thing that appeared to happen initially was that the battery
compartment popped open.

So, this really happened? Sounds like something I would tell my wife to justify a TX upgrade.:LOL:
Joking aside, sorry to hear about your broken TX. Your LHS has given you some good advice(y)

So, this really happened? Sounds like something I would tell my wife to justify a TX upgrade.:LOL:
Joking aside, sorry to hear about your broken TX. Your LHS has given you some good advice(y)
Yep, it isn't the start of a bad joke lol.
Its my kids rig (That I run more than she does) and if they had them in stock I might push for a secondary "Spare" but sadly they are way too popular. And I don't really want the Typhon Grom. I like the Granite style.

Yep, it isn't the start of a bad joke lol.
Its my kids rig (That I run more than she does) and if they had them in stock I might push for a secondary "Spare" but sadly they are way too popular. And I don't really want the Typhon Grom. I like the Granite style.
Hopefully its all back running soon(y):)

Hopefully its all back running soon(y):)
It still runs, we just have to turn the radio back on whenever it shuts off. Really weird... Like maybe a loose connection in the radio. Right now it is still under warranty so I don't want to void anything by looking at it.

Got a response from HorizionHobby support!!
From everything I’ve seen related to the groms they have been on top of it with excellent support and replacements. Maybe we will get lucky lol.

Good afternoon,

Thank you Brent for reaching out to product support.

The first step in our evaluation process is to obtain the following information. Please reply directly to this email with the following information/attachments:

* Your complete name, shipping address, and phone number.
* Product number and item description.
* Place of purchase
* A clear and legible photo of your Purchase Receipt.
* A clear photo of your item showing any relevant details

We will review the information to determine the next steps. Please note that our systems only accept 25MB of attachments at a time. Please resize your attachments accordingly, or send multiple replies to this email.

Thank you for your time,

Daniel

Horizon Hobby Product Support
servlet.ImageServer

And Horizon for the win!!
Good afternoon,
Thank you Brent for the info/pics. I have your replacement transmitter on the way on order number XXXXXXX .
We have discontinued the SLT2 (your current transmitter) due to poor performance, so you will be receiving the upgrade SLT3 in its replacement. This also comes with an SR315 receiver, you will not need this, but its yours to keep.
Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby. Have a nice day.

Daniel
Horizon Hobby Product Support

Well got the new transmitter today and it won’t bind with the SLT 2-in-1 ESC. I have set the esc into bind mode ( turn on and hold until it beeps and starts slow flash). Then turned on the transmitter. Reached out to the LHS and they can’t remember the process to bind it. Want me to bring it up there to go hands on. Also reached out to Horizion tech support. Went through their stuff and they had me email the rep back who processed the replacement. Don’t know what I’m gonna do at this point. The SLT 2 throttle now is reversed and won’t switch back ugh.

Back