Kraton Diff case V1 to V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, I’ve ordered the Kraton but it wont be in the UK till May, I want to get some upgrades and spares and just wondering if there is any size differences on the diff case from V1 to V3?
I ordered the front steering block but have since heard Armma have upgraded and made it beefier!
I’ve got 2 complete diff case sets in the basket and I’m reluctant to push the button just in case there are differences? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Excellent news then!! Thank you Jerry-rigged for replying mate good on ya! I’ll push the button on the complete diff assembly in my shopping cart! Thanks again.

What does the Arrma site say about the V3 case compatibility?

Dunno I ain’t found that yet? But, why do Armma show 4 diff cases on their parts list for the Kraton?? You got AR220041 which is front and rear AR220029 which is centre diff then there’s AR310433 what’s this one for??

This is the reply from Armma.

Hello Pete,

Here's a quite comprehensive reply from Arrma:

There is no difference in the diff cases from V1 to V2 or V3 on the KRATON model.

The V2 steering blocks (AR330403) will fit on the V3 model without any additional parts. We did make some small changes for the V3 steering blocks (AR330505) for additional durability. The V1 steering blocks used a narrower hub and wider offset wheel hex, they are not interchangeable without using the wide offset wheel hex. We widened the hub from V1 to V2 for a huge improvement in wheel bearing life.

We also modified the AR310854 bulkheads to add strength. These are interchangeable with the older AR310427 part.

The servo mount on the AR320430 ESC Tray Set has had material added to increase stiffness and so steering feel. These are interchangeable with the V1 and V2 model parts.

The chassis braces AR320446 have been changed. There is no longer a nut for the screw that goes through the chassis. The screw screws directly to the chassis brace. This offers a big increase in strength in this area.

The V3 models come with the battery tray first introduced on the OUTCAST model (AR320351). This allows the fitment of bigger batteries and provides more secure fitment of the batteries.

Other revisions on the V3 KRATON are the inclusion of dirt guards on the front of the chassis, a new radio box, new front and rear bumpers and new shocks with bigger diameter shock shafts. V1/V2 shock parts are not compatible with the shocks on the V3 models.

The V3 models come with the battery tray first introduced on the OUTCAST model (AR320351). This allows the fitment of bigger batteries and provides more secure fitment of the batteries.
Intresting comment, because my old Turnigy 4s 5000mah 60c packs don't fit in the outcast tray, but they did fit in the older tray. Well, maybe not, I had to clip the front 'ears' off the old tray to get them to fit. With the outcast tray, though, there is not easy mod...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back