Damaged Lipo - Usable? Also here is how you can recycle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaFreek2022

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey AF wanted to ask your opinion on using this battery. I already have it outside in the shade as it smells and I will be getting it recycled but I still wanted your guys opinion anyway. I also wanted to post this website:

https://www.call2recycle.org/locator/

This will help you locate a place near you where you can take the batteries. I contacted Home Depot near me and they said bring them in. I will and report back hopefully there is not an exception to Lipos.

I was worried this would happen since I installed the PP sides skirts. I wish the battery strap notches were placed further away from the tires. I'm usually careful about that but I was focused on my runs that day.

IMG_20230218_204824.jpg

IMG_20230218_204857.jpg

I discharge as much as possible if not damaged. Clip the connector off. Wrap the leads in electrical tape. drop them off at the recycle at the depot. Im not one to drive a nail through them just for fun. If you can reliably discharge all the way down to zero you can dispose of them in the regular trash……I think. I’m sure others may have better methods.

I will run mine to zero volts and dispose of at local battery recycling facility.
To discharge to zero, I have soldered a 12v automotive bulb (1157) to an EC5 battery connector and plugged it into the battery.
It takes an hour or so, the bulb may be out, but still has some volts - I will check with a voltmeter periodically until near zero.
Then cut the leads and twist them together. Battery will swell up, but is safe.

Safety - Do this outside away from anything flammable, as there is a degree of risk here.

I discharge as much as possible if not damaged. Clip the connector off. Wrap the leads in electrical tape. drop them off at the recycle at the depot. Im not one to drive a nail through them just for fun. If you can reliably discharge all the way down to zero you can dispose of them in the regular trash……I think. I’m sure others may have better methods.
Yeah, Granitefox a nail?, me neither lol. I was considering it for fun and stuff but I'd hate to have an accident occur in the name of fun and I don't really like fire anyway haha. Yeah I think I'm gonna drop it off tomorrow. BTW on a separate not, these were the 6K CNHL batts and I saw no performance advantage at all over the 6900mah SMCs or the 5K CNHL g+. Just an FYI cause some were saying that the 6K were so much better than the 5Ks. I'm also bummed these are relatively new and now I don't have a pair.

I will run mine to zero volts and dispose of at local battery recycling facility.
To discharge to zero, I have soldered a 12v automotive bulb (1157) to an EC5 battery connector and plugged it into the battery.
It takes an hour or so, the bulb may be out, but still has some volts - I will check with a voltmeter periodically until near zero.
Then cut the leads and twist them together. Battery will swell up, but is safe.

Safety - Do this outside away from anything flammable, as there is a degree of risk here.
This 💯!!

Also, that battery is extremely bad, keep it outside!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back