Crypto currency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s probably a better gamble than buying 10 of any depreciating asset?

Could you show us on the doll where Traxxas touched you?
Whoa, hit a nerve did I? 😭

Precisely my point. I used crapsucks as an example. Do you suffer from some kind of TDS? Traxxas defending syndrome?

I can post up 20 years of my opinion of crapsucks. Let me know if you wanna check tape.

I do realize that bitcoin is at the moment an alternate form of legitimate currency. However, if you’re legitimizing this currency by comparing its very legitimacy (inherent lack of actual value by any standard) to our current monetary system because of the U.S. abandonment of the Gold Standard then I just simply do not understand how you could make this leap. As long as this is a thing, then it will be a thing. Until it isn’t. And then it won’t be. And your statement of the powers that be being unable to “print more” suggests some sort of regulatory oversight that just clearly doesn’t exist. This “currency” is not backed by any nation, geographical economy, or regulatory organization. It can cease to exist at any point, at any moment, for no reason more apparent than the reason it existed in the first place.
First off, I did not make the comparison that Bitcoin has legitimacy because the US abandoned the gold standard or that this somehow makes them comparable. So that's a leap I never made. As for the question of "actual value", what gives something value? I think there are two separate modulators of value. One that can be quantified and one that cannot. The former typically implies some form of energy expenditure (energy, when talking about physics, is simply the capacity to do work). This also is the through line to compensation for the work you do for an employer for example. The latter, intangible factor is, how much do other people want it®? You can, I suppose, quantify this in the form of how many orders you have for it® but there's no metric for how much want you have for it®. I'm sure there are some other ancillary factors but these two are going to make up the meat and potatoes of it®'s value.

Why does money/currency have value? Because we've all agreed to the "reality" that it does. The same holds true for both dollars and bitcoin but this is independent of whether the gold standard is in effect or not. People agree that it has a value of xx, to be determined either by economies/industries or free market principles. Bitcoins aren't just magically poofed into existence because someone said, "We need 20 bitcoins over there!". It requires an immense amount of raw math calculations to "find" or "mine" the hashes of which bitcoins are "made". All of this math requires a lot of energy in the form of electricity to power the specialized computers that do nothing other than calculating bitcoin hashes on the order of TERAhashes. The good ones consume approx. 3000-3500W....continuously. Depending on where you live and what a kWh costs, the ROI can vary greatly. Once mined, these hashes can be used as currency. My comment about being unable to "print more" is based on the fact that there are a finite number of bitcoin hashes that exist. Once these have all been calculated, no more mining. Then all the available currency will be in circulation. And this does not suggest regulator oversight in any way. It's just true that you can't just inject more bitcoins into the system, regulatory oversight or not. This is simply the design of bitcoin. On the other hand with dollars, all that is needed is a phone call to the federal reserve, "HEY! We need 20 (trillion) dollars over there!". A few keystrokes later and they are magically poofed into existence.

You say that such regulatory oversight clearly doesn't exist. It may not be backed by a nation, geographical economy or regulatory organization (on that last point I would argue that the user base IS the regulatory organization as a collective). But that is precisely why it appeals to people and why it has value to people everywhere around the globe. It's currency that you can purchase goods and services with all around the world in a financial autonomous zone where you're not getting nickel and dimed to death with everyone taking a cut along the way. You can transact directly with others by sending it to their private wallet. No financial institution is needed for this. An internet connection is all you need.

Could the federal government shut it down? Maybe? They could take down the official trading sites of bitcoin but I think bitcoin wallets (actual physical devices that hold your accumulated hashes in an encrypted thumb drive) would require a massive authoritarian overreach and global coordination which, I don't really see happening. At any time....ever. I can see country's going authoritarian, yes and there will be certain countries that will pool together to form an anti-crypto union. But there will be ways around that. A cat and mouse game of the future perhaps? Possibly. And while there is no official regulatory body at the moment, you can bet your bottom dollar that just such an organization has been worked on intensely over the last years and we'll probably see its unveiling before too long. I mean, they're trying to implement the Central Bank Digital Currency (CDBC) as we speak and there will be a regulatory body attached to it.

Whoa, hit a nerve did I? 😭

Precisely my point. I used crapsucks as an example. Do you suffer from some kind of TDS? Traxxas defending syndrome?

I can post up 20 years of my opinion of crapsucks. Let me know if you wanna check tape.

No, I just think you’re a nerd for bringing up Traxxas in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them. But yes, let’s hear your 20 years of terrible, trauma inducing problems. I’ve never had a problem with them big enough to whine about like a little child who got told no, so my tape is probably pretty short compared to the years of abuse you’ve suffered at the hands of Traxxas. I’m interested to hear though, tell me about how they wouldn’t sponsor you when you won so many races.

1709776153081.png

No, I just think you’re a nerd for bringing up Traxxas in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them. But yes, let’s hear your 20 years of terrible, trauma inducing problems. I’ve never had a problem with them big enough to whine about like a little child who got told no, so my tape is probably pretty short compared to the years of abuse you’ve suffered at the hands of Traxxas. I’m interested to hear though, tell me about how they wouldn’t sponsor you when you won so many races.
Yep, TDS is an incurable disease.

I definitely hit the “I spent way too much money and I feel the need to defend my purchase” nerve 😂

What’s the matter sweety, is your panty liner all full? You feel the need to derail a thread where an example was used and it made your yeast rise? Aww.. 😭

I’ll send you plenty of reasons in PM tomorrow morning. Right now I'm watching my crypto make money!

Last edited:
Yep, TDS is an incurable disease.

I definitely hit the “I spent way too much money and I feel the need to defend my purchase” nerve 😂

What’s the matter sweety, is your panty liner all full? You feel the need to derail a thread where an example was used and it made your yeast rise? Aww.. 😭

I’ll send you plenty of reasons in PM tomorrow morning. Right now I'm watching my crypto make money!

Ohhhhh… you’re too busy watching crypto to type out your manifesto, ok, fair enough. It’s called PTSD, brother. When you’re ready to talk about what Traxxas did to you, we’re here for you.

Ohhhhh… you’re too busy watching crypto to type out your manifesto, ok, fair enough. It’s called PTSD, brother. When you’re ready to talk about what Traxxas did to you, we’re here for you.
No, I’m not getting up to go to my PC to send you 20 years of traxxas junk pics right now. That simple.

No, I’m not getting up to go to my PC to send you 20 years of traxxas junk pics right now. That simple.

The horrors! The trauma! Oh the humanity! Is it like the time you put Dean’s T connectors on your super duper Kraton 8s build?

The horrors! The trauma! Oh the humanity! Is it like the time you put Dean’s T connectors on your super duper Kraton 8s build?

I built the first 12S Kraton in JAN 2020 right after coming out of a 9-10 year hiatus. I had no idea what the best connectors were at the time. I mainly ran NITRO..:rolleyes:

What's even more disturbing is you actually went trolling/stalking my posts or builds to find "dirt" on me? What a loser you are!

I don't need to justify my feelings on a brand for some CRAPSUCKS fanboi. If I were to post up Crapsass cracked piston skirts or rods, head fins, you wouldn't even know what the hell you're looking at, Jr. Piss off.

I built the first 12S Kraton in JAN 2020 right after coming out of a 9-10 year hiatus. I had no idea what the best connectors were at the time. I mainly ran NITRO..:rolleyes:

What's even more disturbing is you actually went trolling/stalking my posts or builds to find "dirt" on me? What a loser you are!

I don't need to justify my feelings on a brand for some CRAPSUCKS fanboi. If I were to post up Crapsass cracked piston skirts or rods, head fins, you wouldn't even know what the hell you're looking at, Jr. Piss off.

So… I’m not gonna get all the pictures of where Traxxas touched you in a PM?

So… I’m not gonna get all the pictures of where Traxxas touched you in a PM?
TDS and very slow. Hooked on Phonics didn't work.

View attachment 353068View attachment 353069View attachment 353070View attachment 353071View attachment 353072View attachment 353073

I'd love to explain these to you, but I don't have any crayons. BUT, all CrapSucks!

EDIT, Nitro guys know what I'm takin bout!

Whoa! You’re right, Traxxas does suck, I’ve never seen any other brand ever break anything, ever. Ugh, I’ve got half a mind to write them a strongly worded letter about this one. Might even use one of your funny Traxxas name puns, man do I chuckle every time I read one of those clever little anecdotes.

How did you manage to do that? Was it a common thing back then? I don't have that much experience with engines, but I have never seen a rod fail that way😳
It wasn't something that I managed. It was QC and NO CS. Those 3.3's are recycled pop can aluminum just like the rest of crapsucks aluminum. The carbs were leaking port-o-potties. The head fins would vibrate off from an unbalanced crank, they would replace the head and it would keep happening. The rods split from pre-det because they were thin, the same pop can aluminum was used. They used the same REVO mass produced diff bearings in the engines.

The OG TMAXX FOC with a picco .26 was the shnizzz! I could do standing backflips.

xmas2010003.jpg

Whoa! You’re right, Traxxas does suck, I’ve never seen any other brand ever break anything, ever. Ugh, I’ve got half a mind to write them a strongly worded letter about this one. Might even use one of your funny Traxxas name puns, man do I chuckle every time I read one of those clever little anecdotes.

Back in that time, many other RTR brands didn't have these problems. I just want to thank you for a total thread DERAILMENT because I talked smack (and then backed it up) about your lover, traxxsucks. Have a nice day..

Back