Class Action Lawsuit // Defective refrigerator compressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of those LG refrigerators and...yup, the compressor went out! It was hundreds of dollars to replace.

When we were looking for a new frig...
Went to Nebraska Furniture Mart ,happened to walk by their Clearance/Scratch&Dent section while browsing all the new shiny units and it was pretty much filled with LG and Samsung refrigerators...
(The Very Expensive ones)
There was a Lot of them!

It just give us a worrying mental note to avoid them..

When we were looking for a new frig...
Went to Nebraska Furniture Mart ,happened to walk by their Clearance/Scratch&Dent section while browsing all the new shiny units and it was pretty much filled with LG and Samsung refrigerators...
(The Very Expensive ones)
There was a Lot of them!

It just give us a worrying mental note to avoid them..

So Samsung has issues too? I think the one my wife wants to buy in a few weeks is Samsung.

So Samsung has issues too? I think the one my wife wants to buy in a few weeks is Samsung.
Modern fridges are so poop man. My mother broke twice the stupid plastic rolling thing. Also the seals are ripping out. If u berely touch it it rips further. We have a 20 yr old fridge who has not a single crack or rip at its seals. Its a complete joke for how much we spend for little quality we get nawadays

We have a Samsung TV 55" start developing problems -LineS on the screen- not long after warranty period expired...
We were so easy on it too. Just some news periodically and some kids animations or movies..
(NO Xbox/video games of any kind.)

And, we have a stainless steel Samsung dishwasher stop spraying water from the very top spinner/sprayer...
So only the Bottom rack dishes gets clean but the top and a portion of the middle rack dishes don't get washed all that well.. still have some greasy film on after each wash ,so we end up having to hand-wash a majority of them.
NOT convenient when you have kids...

So yeah Really sucks!
It's pretty Lame!

And, new dishwashers that's full stainless with the features we want are going for $1,000+
🤦‍♂️

So two for Two...
👎👎

I would have Strong reservations in giving my money on another Samsung appliance ,for sure.

Last edited:
We have a Samsung TV 55" start developing problems -LineS on the screen- not long after warranty period expired...
We were so easy on it too. Just some news periodically and some kids animations or movies..

And, we have a stainless steel Samsung dishwasher stop spraying water from the very top spinner/sprayer...
So only the Bottom rack dishes gets clean but the top and a portion of the middle rack dishes don't get washed all that well.. still have some greasy film on after each wash ,so we end up having to hand-wash a majority of them.

So yeah Really sucks!
It's pretty Lame!

And, new dishwashers that's full stainless with the features we want are going for $1,000+
🤦‍♂️
Sad that some japanese company decides to cheap and make chinesium crap and charge a premium for it. Reminds me of someone or something. You gotta tell me to get something else than samsung but reality is they all are poop and cheaply made now. In my time we only had basic functions and the thing worked now we have tons of useless or not asked features with no reliability

So yeah Really sucks!
It's pretty Lame!

🤦‍♂️
I have heard for washers that you want to stick with the OGs. A co worker had lots of problems with a premium Bosch dish washer.
Whirlpool and GE seem to be the tried and true brands to trust.

It is comical that some sites show LG as the most reliable brand
1702999713913.png

I have heard for washers that you want to stick with the OGs. A co worker had lots of problems with a premium Bosch dish washer.

It's probably very true.

View attachment 337812

Those reliability reviews from those sites are probably paid-for sponsored/advertising.

They cant put it on the internet if it is not true....

believe GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

They probably put some sort of Disclaimer about those reviews being Ads...
Hidden in the Meta tags of the website so they can claim they disclosed such things to the general consumers ,if they ever get challenged in court for deceptive marketing .

One of the biggest problems is that LG is marketed under a bunch of old school brand names now. If you look at the parts replacement most of them list LG parts. A few manufacturers making stuff for everybody.

I can only add from my past/current experience. I have zero issues with Samsung appliances. My entire kitchen is all Miele, Dacor, and other Samsung appliances. Years of usage.

View attachment 337812
Paid crap. Just like how RAM keeps Winning the company/ quality of vehicle of the year. How can u test qualitity of a car at its release?? A lot of their cars will have a catastrophic failure before they even reach 100k miles.

Last edited:
Paid crap. Just like how RAM keeps Winning the company/ quality of vehicle of the year. How can u test qualitity of a car at its release?? A lot of their cars will have a catastrophic failure before they even reach 100 miles.
Agreed, the only old dodge trucks on the road are powered by Cummins motors.
I imagine the newer Hemi motors are better than what they offered prior, but still Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is garbage in my book.

I am not very happy about my wife's expedition 10 speed auto either. It is terrible. The eco boost V6 seems solid.

Samsung's appliances are like the WLToys of the appliance world. Shiny, big specs, lower cost, expensive maintenance required more often, and horrendous quality control. You might wanna cry when you look at the price of Kitchenaid stuff, but it's worth it. Or just go with the old reliable brands like Whirlpool, Maytag, etc. Samsung/LG should stick to phones and TVs if you ask me.

View attachment 337812
To be fair my LG Washer and Dryer that came with the house have been kicking for 10 years now, but I did have to replace an inlet valve on the washer. Thankfully it was a pretty simple fix with a 40 dollar part off amazon.

Agreed, the only old dodge trucks on the road are powered by Cummins motors.
I imagine the newer Hemi motors are better than what they offered prior, but still Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is garbage in my book.

I am not very happy about my wife's expedition 10 speed auto either. It is terrible. The eco boost V6 seems solid.

Have you not seen my Jeep? (maybe mine is the exception? - :ROFLMAO: ;) )

I can only add from my past/current experience. I have zero issues with Samsung appliances. My entire kitchen is all Miele, Dacor, and other Samsung appliances. Years of usage.

Sir, I believe you got the Tip Top-tier appliances.

I think we were looking at their "upper" entry level units... 😕

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back