Chrome paint question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FPA4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
So I have this Parma '56 Nomad body I bought a couple of years ago and I've never gotten around to painting it 'cause of all the fine chrome detail, a masking nightmare. I have this Sharpie Metallic silver pen I've used to paint the chrome on some N scale (1:160) cars and I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of these on an RC body? My concern is that the Tamiya polycarbonate paint is going to react to the Sharpie ink and make it run. Has anyone tried this before?

You want to paint over top of sharpie? Never tried that. Can you test on a scrap piece of lexan?

Just painted my 56 thats been lying around for years too. Painting all the chrome on the outside of body

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/ripped-tape-and-paint-fade.4693/

Just mask either side of the chrome area on outside before using the sharpie. This way the paint and sharpie wont mix? You can see how the chrome turned out in 1st pic. I painted it with a btush

Edit.. didnt know they made a nomad.... My dad had a nomad growing up... Brungs back some memories haha

Last edited:
I was going to try on a piece of scrap but didn't have time this weekend, I'll try to get to it next weekend. I was hoping to use the Silver Sharpie on the inside and then paint over it.
I bought the Nomad after my son watched the "Fast n Loud" episode where they did a '56 nomad for Dale jr, and he wanted to change the body on his Fury. Well, when he realized how much work it would be he changed his mind, so I inherited it. I've now trimmed it to fit my Granite BLX. I wish it was a '55, but as the wise man said, you can't always get what you want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back