Can not decide on a Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run my Granite, Big Rock, Outcast 6s, and soon my Kraton EXB. I don’t use the SVC, but like that it’s available. It also depends on what receiver you use. The FS-BS6 has the gyro and the FS-A3 does not, but I use both.
I like having the SVC for my Felony and Infraction though, they get squirrelly quick!?

Have you used a gyro before? I only ask because if you haven’t, you are going to be disappointed you wasted all this effort and get the results I did. It’s useless IMO. ??‍♂️✌?

I have not used a dedicated gyro, I hear alot of negative about them like it's like they aren't there at all etc...I have however used the SVC or AVC from Spektrum and it's pretty slick works well and highly adjustable since you can adjust priority.

Even cheaper now! Think I paid around $70. I don’t have any complaints!??
Even at 70$ its a nice upgrade. Mine came with my Redcat gen8 axe and I like it so much I'm running several cars with it. no telemetry that I'm aware of. I'm guessing FS will be out with a radio similar to their noble with all the bells and whistles.

I feel you, like no, I really feel you. I’ve got the Castle combo going in the XT/E, which as you know gets you nothing telemetry wise with Spektrum. I want a Futaba 7 bad, but also FYI, the 4 DOES work too for telemetry, see THIS. But then I’m sitting here with an Infraction V2 and Kraton 8S that give me telemetry on my perfectly good DX5R. So I drop a Spektrum rx in the Losi, and that makes perfect sense right? But then there’s that nagging want for the 7, and the geek in me wants the Castle/Futaba Integration. So I’m with you, can’t really justify 2 radios, and one of the guys at local LHS says he will probably buy my DX5R, but then I’ve got to but new rx for both Arrmas to use Futaba. So I’ve done nothing but overthink this, and keep trying to find a logical way to justify an illogical want?

I feel you, like no, I really feel you. I’ve got the Castle combo going in the XT/E, which as you know gets you nothing telemetry wise with Spektrum. I want a Futaba 7 bad, but also FYI, the 4 DOES work too for telemetry, see THIS. But then I’m sitting here with an Infraction V2 and Kraton 8S that give me telemetry on my perfectly good DX5R. So I drop a Spektrum rx in the Losi, and that makes perfect sense right? But then there’s that nagging want for the 7, and the geek in me wants the Castle/Futaba Integration. So I’m with you, can’t really justify 2 radios, and one of the guys at local LHS says he will probably buy my DX5R, but then I’ve got to but new rx for both Arrmas to use Futaba. So I’ve done nothing but overthink this, and keep trying to find a logical way to justify an illogical want?

Starting to think we need a therapy group! I was talking to my local HS and the owner said he went through the same thing and came full circle back to spektrum. I may try out the FS stuff and see how that goes..Investment is minimal and has alot if not more features than the spektrum and Futaba. At least if I decide I don't like them I won't hate myself as much for spending the money on the futaba system. Be a good way to see what features i like and find useful first before I commit to those big $$.

Radiolink rc6gs is what I use. Has telemetry, abs,gyro,traction control great feel to it. Radio is $60 and reciver is $10 500meter range and there is a way to hack them for 800 meter range. I love mine so much I have 2 of them.

Got the GT5 today...all I have to say is WOW in comparison to the Spektrum junk this absolutely blows it away. Nice feel in the hand, nice screen and as noted great functionality overall. Has me thinking twice about what I put into my sons truck. I was going to do spektrum firma end to end and get him a DX3 but rethinking it now. ?.

Assuming it works as well as all the rave reviews say it does, this should be a great choice for my Losi build.

Got the GT5 today...all I have to say is WOW in comparison to the Spektrum junk this absolutely blows it away. Nice feel in the hand, nice screen and as noted great functionality overall. Has me thinking twice about what I put into my sons truck. I was going to do spektrum firma end to end and get him a DX3 but rethinking it now. ?.

Assuming it works as well as all the rave reviews say it does, this should be a great choice for my Losi build.
Glad you like it. I’ve got 4 of my rigs paired up with the GT5, 16 more to go!??

so you can bind several models to this one remote? I need to read the manual obviously. But thats a bonus! I am wrestling with getting the EXB or the Mt410 for my son, now maybe I just get both! ?
20 different models to one remote!?
Just buy additional FS-BS6 receivers or get the FS-A3 if you aren’t worried about the gyro feature.

Just buy additional FS-BS6 receivers or get the FS-A3 if you aren’t worried about the gyro feature.

What battery are you running if you don't mind me asking? I can't locate the FS-BD1200 they recommend.

Everytime I go and start researching which radio system to go with for my Losi 8ight Xt build I come full circle right back to where I started, which is nowhere. I love the Spektrum software integration, hate their hardware. The quality of their radios are complete sh*t to be honest. I have a DX5Pro sitting here and stripped out the screws to the battery door first attempt at opening it to test it out. And for the price you pay for it and the quality you're getting, it's over priced IMO. But again, tons of integration with Spektrum radio/receiver combos, lack of quality hardware.

On to Futaba. Love the Futaba quality, but hate that they don't have gyro capability built into their receivers, again lack of integration. As soon as you want to add Gyro you have to use one of their servos, which are hideously expensive- again lack of integration. So bottom line, tons of quality lack of integration.

Sanwa, haven't tried them since price-wise they're on par with futaba, great quality, lack of integration.

So my question is, am i missing something here or have I covered it pretty well? Is there a radio that i should consider? I'd go Spektrum bumper to bumper and call it a day if they had sensored motors and get everything I want in one unit. But this radio thing is holding me back, I keep going back and forth if go Spektrum and live with the crappy quality but great software or Futaba and forget about the Gyro and get used to running without it. Looking for advice or for someone to smack me upside the head and tell me to stop over analyzing this. ?
I have a kraton 8s and so far in it I have tried is the dx5c with AS6100at receiver for telemetry. the Spektrum system to me is slower than a sloth. I cannot stand the Spektrum setup and how slow it is in the delay off the line. I then went to the Futaba 4px and I have a primal RC digital Servo also tried the FlySky $20 gyro and it works great along with the castle mmx8 s system and I have full telemetry. I read you have a $400 limit. I had bought my 4px off eBay used and I got an awesome deal and works wonderful. I feel you could get the 4px on eBay for a very good price and I think as long as you have a digital Servo a nice cheaper gyro will work fine for you in the futaba. Sorry if I offended anybody about my Spectrum comments I just feel they are garbage and that is after owning one and my opinion. The only thing that system does not have is a speedometer built in.

I have a kraton 8s and so far in it I have tried is the dx5c with AS6100at receiver for telemetry. the Spektrum system to me is slower than a sloth. I cannot stand the Spektrum setup and how slow it is in the delay off the line. I then went to the Futaba 4px and I have a primal RC digital Servo also tried the FlySky $20 gyro and it works great along with the castle mmx8 s system and I have full telemetry. I read you have a $400 limit. I had bought my 4px off eBay used and I got an awesome deal and works wonderful. I feel you could get the 4px on eBay for a very good price and I think as long as you have a digital Servo a nice cheaper gyro will work fine for you in the futaba. Sorry if I offended anybody about my Spectrum comments I just feel they are garbage and that is after owning one and my opinion. The only thing that system does not have is a speedometer built in.

No I agree with you with your comments on the Spektrum system, slow and stodgy. Integration is a wonderful idea but the implementation is not good.

Last edited:
No I agree with you with your comments on the Spektrum system, slow and stodgy. Integration is a wonderful idea but the implementation is not good.
Im using the gyc400 and works awesome. Better than the spectrum cause it don't limit you as much.

This is a response from Fly Sky on my question on whether the Noble 4 will ever Gyro:

"Hello:
Sir, thank you very much for your support to FLYSKY.
SVC and telemetry functions will be added to the latest firmware of NB4. The latest firmware is currently being tested and will be released to customers soon.
You can follow FLYSKY's FACEBOOK/IG official account and pay attention to our relevant information.
blessing
cheng"

Radiolink rc6gs is what I use. Has telemetry, abs,gyro,traction control great feel to it. Radio is $60 and reciver is $10 500meter range and there is a way to hack them for 800 meter range. I love mine so much I have 2 of them.
the radiolink stuff runs the same protocol as the stx2 and 3 im pretty sure. and we all know how good those work. I could be wrong tho.

the radiolink stuff runs the same protocol as the stx2 and 3 im pretty sure. and we all know how good those work. I could be wrong tho.
Many radios use fhss protocol it's just frequency hopping FlySky uses it as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back