Buying advice…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcSpeedFreak

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking to see if anyone has experience with the leopard Bl6 160amp esc. basically a max6 but does it perform like one is my question

Hey guys I’m looking to see if anyone has experience with the leopard Bl6 160amp esc. basically a max6 but does it perform like one is my question
Why are you considering that one over Max6 G2? Max6 G2 might be the best ESC cost to performance on the market right now for 1/6 through 1/8 scale.

Yes only 6s but it’s gonna run in a Kagama so no need. And on the g2 there are some things I don’t like about it for one is you can’t program it with a card you have to use an app. I also don’t like the sensor on it is proprietary and you can’t remove it. In the end I might just get the g2 but my max6 has really impressed me.

They sell a sensor cable that goes from their connection to JST if I’m not mistaken. As well, the app seems to be reliable. I haven’t seen many (if any) complaints on this forum about it and I personally have not had any issues.

They sell a sensor cable that goes from their connection to JST if I’m not mistaken. As well, the app seems to be reliable. I haven’t seen many (if any) complaints on this forum about it and I personally have not had any issues.
Yes I’m pretty they do. It’s not really about the fact that the esc is sensored I just don’t like that it has to stick out. And if it used a traditional setup you would be able to unplug it.

Yes I’m pretty they do. It’s not really about the fact that the esc is sensored I just don’t like that it has to stick out. And if it used a traditional setup you would be able to unplug it.
You can unplug it if you wish and run any non-sensored motor and as mentioned above, there is an adapter pigtail for conventional sensored motors.

Hobbywing has a 6BL160-6s and 6BL160-8s. I assume the leopard 6BL160 6s is just rebranded from hobbywing.

From what i've ever been able to tell, they are the exact same ESC, one just is capable of 8s, the other 6s only.
The KV limits listed for each are different, but they list completely different motor sizes and KV's, so I don't think you could compare that apples to apples. I would assume both have the same capabilities.

1712061606719.png

1712061653872.png

Back