Bought a new rc today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenRC06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 3s
I know this is the Arrma Forum but I bought a drag slash today and it looks great! Can’t wait to run it
5A9C8272-12CC-48E2-ADF4-6B12A1DD45C7.jpeg
2E50EC25-1DAD-4F90-BA0D-AAB499D255DA.jpeg

I bought 3 of them last September when they were on sale. One of them is still bone stock but the other 2 are getting converted for bashing and top speed. I put a VXL4s system from a MAXX in one with Mod1 gears but I have only run it on 3s so far. I changed the one on the left back to 48p gears with 39/72 gearing to see if I can grenade the stock 3s ESC/Motor. :p

PXL_20230130_023350019.jpg

PXL_20230206_234803370.jpg

Hah! My dad had that exact truck when I was a kid. Green and white as I recall.
When I read your post, I thought you said “can’t wait to ruin it” o_O
That looks great, I am not going to start going down multiple rc brand paths though.
How fast is it?

Hah! My dad had that exact truck when I was a kid. Green and white as I recall.
When I read your post, I thought you said “can’t wait to ruin it” o_O
That looks great, I am not going to start going down multiple rc brand paths though.
How fast is it?
I think 50ish mph for top speed. When I read “can’t wait to ruin it” I almost spit my food out lol.

Last edited:
I think 50ish mph for top speed. When I read “can’t wait to ruin it” I almost spit my food out lol.
I geared mine up to the low 60s but at those speeds, it would lift the front wheels in the 40 - 50 mph range and the truck body would catch air and then parachute/backflip the rig. Not fun at those speeds with the big long wheelie bar hanging off the back of it. :bag:

Edit: Geared up with the included speed (29t?) pinion, and the wheelie bar raised all the way up, that thing will carry the front wheels 100's of feet on 3s. 🥳

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back