Talion Bent chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is my chassis bent why is brace touching the shaft cup

IMG_3279.jpeg

IMG_3278.jpeg

See if your cup is tight. If so look at it from above and see if it is bent .It should be visible looking down on it. See if brace is tight and you didn't lose a screw.

See if your cup is tight. If so look at it from above and see if it is bent .It should be visible looking down on it. See if brace is tight and you didn't lose a screw.
Not sure how to explain it but Yeah it’s all tight the hole for the screw was a little off if I disconnect the brace from the rear wing it sits fine but that leaves the rear wing slightly off and won’t line the screws to mount

If it is plastic take it off and bend it a little so that it doesn't rub. If aluminum tap with hammer lightly to get it to bend.

If it is plastic take it off and bend it a little so that it doesn't rub. If aluminum tap with hammer lightly to get it to bend.
could do that yeah but I wanted it to sit right rather than bash it in so I’ve ordered a new chassis and new rear shock mount that should fix it hopefully

Thank you for your help really appreciated legend

Did you put the brace spacers at the top of the brace (rear braces to wing mount) in backwards? The longer one goes on the same side as the driveshaft. If you reverse them the rear center driveshafts will drag on the brace.

I bent my talion EXB chassis straight away then the steering rack then the front shock tower then a few months later it set on fire :)

Everything is bolted on correctly.
If the chassis is twisted to the right it will cause the rear center driveshafts to drag on the brace. If there isn't a groove carved in the brace for the driveshafts the tolerances will be too close and may cause drag.
At this point I'm out of ideas.

If the chassis is twisted to the right it will cause the rear center driveshafts to drag on the brace. If there isn't a groove carved in the brace for the driveshafts the tolerances will be too close and may cause drag.
Yeah the chassis is twisted slightly very strange bend, just waiting on the new chassis and shock mount

Bro I don’t want a fire 🤣

Thank you bro I appreciate any help

Last edited:
Back