Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Battery recommendations

Discussion in 'Fury & Mojave' started by ttammunek04, Nov 27, 2017.

1. ttammunek04

ttammunek04 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    So my son used some of his birthday money and bought a Fury 2wd 1/10th scale short course truck, and I'm looking to buy him some spare batteries for Christmas. I'm sure this has been asked 1 million times, but searching for these topics only confuse me more as I don't know much about R/C cars. Looking for longer run times and shorter charge times. I think it came stock with a 2000mA battery. Any recommendations are appreciated.

2. mrbelloso

mrbelloso Moderator
    Staff Member Supporting Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    It depends if you want to use NiMh or ugrade to Lipo

3. ttammunek04

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Not looking to go to Lipo yet.

4. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator
    Staff Member Supporting Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    It is quite easy: 2000mAh he has already got.
    A 4000mAh ni-mh 6 cell pack will give double the run-time!
    I have been using a 4500mAh for a while. Runtimes over 20 minutes for the MEGA fury 2wd.

But beware the default charger might not be capable of charging it correctly. An upgrade there might be necessary too.

And mind that you buy a battery with the exact same connector. Not sure what they solder to the MEGA platforms nowadays, but it used to be a Deans type connector.

5. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon
    One other word of advice on the new charger comment - even if your current plan is to stay Nimh, that may change sooner rather than you expect. My advice - make sure whatever charger you get has the full Lipo charging/discharge/storage modes. When I was shopping for my first "decent" charger a few years ago - I told myself I would not run lipos. A few months later, I was wishing I had a charger with proper lipo modes... :)

Unusual RC likes this.
  6. ttammunek04

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    So right now I'm looking at getting the attached. Is this a reputable battery brand and a decent deal?

Attached Files:

7. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon
    Venom is a good brand, but $80, gawk. You could get small pile of 4000mah lipos for that...

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-4000mah-2s1p-25c-car-lipoly-roar-approved-de-warehouse.html

Heck, you could get a decent iMax b6ac charger AND 3 or 4 of those batteries for $80

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6ac-v2-professional-balance-charger-discharger.html

Or if you really want to stay with NiMh -
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-stick-pack-sub-c-4200mah-8-4v-nimh-high-power-series.html
    You will need to solder some t-plugs to those HK batteries, though. you really don't want to run Tamiya connectors, they will melt...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer