Felony Arrma Felony 1s "Misdemeanor" -- Making a micro because Arrma won't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, what? Isn’t that a nitro Talion?
I knew that Arrma made a prototype nitro Talion it popped up on eBay a while back I'm assuming that he is the one who bought it.

Adding the rest of the build through a reply

It was basically undrivable with the wheels left alone. I needed tires of some kind, so I followed Slick Diecast on YouTube by using heat shrink as tiresView attachment 264464Unfortunately, this didn't work out. It drove better but the heat shrink tires weren't grippy enough and since I wasn't able to drill the tires through the exact center, the handling was a bit unpredictable.
What I did to solve this was to turn to my other hobby, hot wheels collecting. I stole rubber tires from a hot wheels car and put them on the Felony 1s.
View attachment 264466View attachment 264467View attachment 264468
Bigger rims as you can see. I think it looks better.
And considering how there is no wheel wobble anymore and the tires are far far grippier, I think it's a win all around.
View attachment 264469View attachment 264470
Looks very very good. Can't get any better right?
View attachment 264472View attachment 264471
WRONG. It needed some extra flair. Made this spoiler out of Styrene sections if anybody is curious. I wanted it to be removable so I utilized the magnet for the body mount, and I glued part of a hot wheels axle on to the wing so it snaps on and off.
View attachment 264473
Took this picture a couple hours ago. I'm super pleased with how it looks. Part of the reason why I built this is because I can't afford the real deal. But now that I have this pint sized indoor floor basher, is there really a point in having the other?
View attachment 264474
(took this before the wheel upgrade)
Goes together super well with my Talion. Forbidden Arrmas, 6s but not actually 6s powered. Perfect pair.

Arrma has valid reasons to not sell a nitro but come on. They have zero reason to not make a mini or micro. Can you imagine doing crazy flips and tricks with a 1/14 outcast? Maybe even ripping it on a kitchen table track set with a 1/55 Kraton? Showing up to the mini z racing club with your 1/28 vendetta? There are so many possibilities but Horizon clearly has a fear to be a bit daring and get their toes wet. I guess the only way to let them know how much you might want one is to go tell them on their socials. Maybe if enough of us ask, they'll finally venture outside the 1/5 - 1/10 bubble? Who knows. There's only one way to find out.

Looks Freaking Fabulous 💪👍

Talk about taking a custom build to the Next level.. 💥🤯
We have another Mad builder!!

How long did it take for you to conceive, Plan and execute on this creation?

I'm going to suggest that the wheels -for sure- can be 3D designed and then printed..(to any size)..
Along with the front steering linkages, front spoiler and rear wing once they are CAD-ed up ,of course.
I hate working with computers. Making things by hand is much easier for me.

I hate working with computers. Making things by hand is much easier for me.

I understand.

If that's the case..
You and LibertyMKiii are very similar in your approach to making things.. 💪

PXL_20221224_185009249.jpg
PXL_20221224_185026366.jpg
PXL_20221224_185148391.jpg
PXL_20221224_185214464.jpg

Next to the real arrma felony

I saw your post about trying different tires, and I remembered I had one of these cars. The tires are semi-pneumatic and really sticky. Perhaps you can find some and give them a go. I'm not sure if you can get them on the misdemeanor tho, but I thought it was worth the suggestion.

Just need some 3D printed adaptors probably to make them fit ,if the tire size is right..

I saw your post about trying different tires, and I remembered I had one of these cars. The tires are semi-pneumatic and really sticky. Perhaps you can find some and give them a go. I'm not sure if you can get them on the misdemeanor tho, but I thought it was worth the suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the tires it has now grip really well and look very good.

Adding the rest of the build through a reply

It was basically undrivable with the wheels left alone. I needed tires of some kind, so I followed Slick Diecast on YouTube by using heat shrink as tiresView attachment 264464Unfortunately, this didn't work out. It drove better but the heat shrink tires weren't grippy enough and since I wasn't able to drill the tires through the exact center, the handling was a bit unpredictable.
What I did to solve this was to turn to my other hobby, hot wheels collecting. I stole rubber tires from a hot wheels car and put them on the Felony 1s.
View attachment 264466View attachment 264467View attachment 264468
Bigger rims as you can see. I think it looks better.
And considering how there is no wheel wobble anymore and the tires are far far grippier, I think it's a win all around.
View attachment 264469View attachment 264470
Looks very very good. Can't get any better right?
View attachment 264472View attachment 264471
WRONG. It needed some extra flair. Made this spoiler out of Styrene sections if anybody is curious. I wanted it to be removable so I utilized the magnet for the body mount, and I glued part of a hot wheels axle on to the wing so it snaps on and off.
View attachment 264473
Took this picture a couple hours ago. I'm super pleased with how it looks. Part of the reason why I built this is because I can't afford the real deal. But now that I have this pint sized indoor floor basher, is there really a point in having the other?
View attachment 264474
(took this before the wheel upgrade)
Goes together super well with my Talion. Forbidden Arrmas, 6s but not actually 6s powered. Perfect pair.

Arrma has valid reasons to not sell a nitro but come on. They have zero reason to not make a mini or micro. Can you imagine doing crazy flips and tricks with a 1/14 outcast? Maybe even ripping it on a kitchen table track set with a 1/55 Kraton? Showing up to the mini z racing club with your 1/28 vendetta? There are so many possibilities but Horizon clearly has a fear to be a bit daring and get their toes wet. I guess the only way to let them know how much you might want one is to go tell them on their socials. Maybe if enough of us ask, they'll finally venture outside the 1/5 - 1/10 bubble? Who knows. There's only one way to find out.
PXL_20221224_204754757.jpg
PXL_20221224_204815509.jpg
PXL_20221224_204805814.jpg
PXL_20221224_222528803.jpg
PXL_20221225_004506778.jpg

Now that the Misdemeanor is just about perfect, I can move on to the next project.

Back