April's total solar eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why it has to be a big social media event that everybody has to be a part of. Nobody cares that it's one of natures awesome events, they just want everybody else to know they were there. :(

When we were in school, we would go out and watch through special filters. or make a pin hole in a piece of paper so we could project it on to the ground. Now they shut down schools because of the mess social media has created. :rolleyes:

I'm going to do a speed run right in the middle of it!

Will Ferrell GIF

I will get 1.5 minutes of totality here in Brantford Ontario.
Got my glasses ready…..hopefully it won’t be cloudy.
It’s looking like you may get good weather. I’m also in the path of totality here in Vermont. 👍 My glasses are ready as well! If they’re too dark I’ll go grab my welding helmet.

Where I am at, I will get just under 60 seconds worth of totality.

I don't get why it has to be a big social media event that everybody has to be a part of. Nobody cares that it's one of natures awesome events, they just want everybody else to know they were there. :(

When we were in school, we would go out and watch through special filters. or make a pin hole in a piece of paper so we could project it on to the ground. Now they shut down schools because of the mess social media has created. :rolleyes:

I'm with you. We went outside for like 20 mins, then back to math class.

I think it's either FOMO or $$ or both. Just sayin.

Alot of these smaller towns around here expected to cash in on this event. Some even held weekend long events. Saw a story on the news where some people were disappointed that their community didn't get the traffic that was expected. Even security was overdone. Some towns based their security off of other towns that were in the path in 2017. I was more excited on the buildup to Y2K.

Back