Anything Simple like TSM Stability controll rc cars. Not TRX please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it may not look the best but for the price vs performance, you get alot of bang for the buck. and yes that "lambo man"
Spektrum has to be one of the worst radio brands available even thier race stuff is pretty crap, very high latency that gets higher the futher you go... which isnt far because output power for its range is shockingly low.
when i got our new arrma models with the spektrum i literly binned them to the shelf straight after first minute.
Traxxas and spektrum are taking everyone for a ride over the AVC/TSM systems, they are only gyros.

Gyros take alot of the fun out of driving high powerd cars, sure its good when giving someone else a go.

also 30 years and you cant slowly pull the trigger yet? if your having issues, buy the frysky noble nb4 and turn throttle speed all the way down it'll basically work like TC
Are you speaking from actual experience or only basing your assumptions on the way the STX2 was? You cannot judge Spektrum off of the STX2, that is like judging everything GM makes because you test drove a Geo Metro.

Out of all of my radio systems I have my Spektrums have been the best I have had zero issues with latency or range.

That being said, I had to disable AVC on my DX5C as I just couldn't drive with it enabled. It's sort of hard to explain but when driving with AVC the car just felt a bit disconnected and like it wanted to go where it wanted to go and not where I wanted it to go. With it disabled the car just felt easier to drive.

i've owned the dx2, dx3.0, 3r and 3r pro plus alot of RTR radios with losi's all sucked compared to anything decent like the cheapest sanwa... the drone guys refuse to use it because of how crappy it is, any spektrum radio compared to sanwa/nb4/futaba will be no match in range and latency... if you love spektrum so much, try a sanwa m12s, it'll open a whole new world of feel for you...

i've owned the dx2, dx3.0, 3r and 3r pro plus alot of RTR radios with losi's all sucked compared to anything decent like the cheapest sanwa... the drone guys refuse to use it because of how crappy it is, any spektrum radio compared to sanwa/nb4/futaba will be no match in range and latency... if you love spektrum so much, try a sanwa m12s, it'll open a whole new world of feel for you...
Yeah, I'm not spending $400+ on a radio. There is really no reason to buy something that expensive to bash with............ Sort of like buying a Nascar to drive back forth to work in.

Last edited:
I recently got the Flysky FS-GT5 and the receiver has a gyroscope in it which controls the SVC. I fell in love with my Senton all over again. The torque steer from take off was really bad, I couldn't keep traction at all. I hook this up, no more problem! I got it for $77 on Amazon.

I recently got the Flysky FS-GT5 and the receiver has a gyroscope in it which controls the SVC. I fell in love with my Senton all over again. The torque steer from take off was really bad, I couldn't keep traction at all. I hook this up, no more problem! I got it for $77 on Amazon.
Same here, flysky GT-5, watched the video of razor RC and decided to buy one.

Same here, flysky GT-5, watched the video of razor RC and decided to buy one.

It's a good radio for sure. (y)

I haven't felt the need for a gyro in my Granite, but I put the Flysky GT5 in my old Slash 2wd, and its awsome with the gyro. It has a lot of tuning options for the gyro as well. Makes a huge difference for 2wd cars.

I also saw Razor RC's video and that convinced me to get one (y)

I've used Traxxas TSM, Spektrum AVC, FlySky SVC, and now DumboRC (which they simply call "Gyro").

Since you specified you're looking for a simple alternative to Traxxas TSM, I'd recommend the DumboRC X6, with the X6FG Reciever. It has a great feel (better than Traxxas TQi), 6 channels, all analog knobs (6th channel controls the Gyro 0-100) and is around $30 for the set.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumborc-x6-surprisingly-a-brilliant-radio-system.15043/

If you're looking for something more refined, I'd suggest the FlySky GT5 where it has a more detailed LCD screen where you can dive into further controls to adjust things like SVC%, ST and TH gain, priority, etc.

AVC Smart Drive Modes.
  • Trainer - Trainer mode is for beginner drivers and considered the most stable and docile of the four modes available. Throttle and steering rates have been lowered allowing beginner to relax and learn the basics of RC control. Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) is engaged for outstanding control of power and speed. This mode makes even powerhouse vehicles easy to control.
  • Slick - Slick mode is specifically tuned for superior drivability when conditions are considered “slick” such as when driving on loose dirt, gravel or for when conditions are wet. Stability and traction control is turned way up so that you stay in control with ease.
  • Stability - Stability mode adds AVC® technology into the mix. With it, your powerhouse vehicle will exhibit incredible traction control with no limits on throttle control. In stability mode, you can punch the throttle hard and easily stay straight on course.
  • Full Rip - Just how it sounds, Full Rip mode lets you enjoy full limits of steering and throttle control. AVC assistance is completely turned off. This drive mode is recommended for experienced users familiar with uninhibited steering and what full-power brings to the experience.
Besides that the Pro has many more features than the DX5C does.
but doesn't that only work on losi cars already entered into the radio?
fsdfsd.jpg

I actually love TRX radio, mainly for the fact I can tweak all the parameters via the app on my phone very easily, and set training mode to any % in seconds. I leave the TSM on, but I don't really notice the difference. One thing I noticed is that it tries to correct steering when I'm doing wild flips (Outcast). Maybe better off with it disabled? I tried some of the cheaper popular FlySky and they feel like cheapo junk compared to my TRX.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back