Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area with a MMX8S setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
I have a newly installed MMX8s 1717 setup that isn't reporting motor temperature. I switched wires and it still didn't work.

Castle wants me to check a different motor to see if the problem is with the motor or esc, only problem is I don't have one.

I know its a long shot, but is there anyone on here in the Raleigh area who would be willing to let me borrow a sensored castle motor for a couple minutes to test?

Double check and clean your Sensor connections again. Both ends. Electrical contact cleaner. Need to keep that around for cleaning all motor leads any connection, and your motor anyway. Sensor wires fail without any obvious Physically seen damage. Hard to detect. They are very delicate. I have purchased new ones that were No good. Motor temp issues have been reported Castle ESC's. Could be the ESC side of the Sensor cable also.
Just some ideas. This happened to me with my HW sensored ESC's. Temp sensor data was not reading in the HW app. It was a dirty connection. The signals are easily disrupted with even dirt. Never use any Dielectric greases on the sensor terminals.

Water and Sensored motors and ESC's Do Not mix. FWIW. Well known.

This was a brand new build, new kraton exb with new motor and ESC so no dirt and I didn't use any dielectric grease. It didn't even record temp on the bench test. I also tried two cables with the same result. All the other stats record properly.

I would take the top off the esc but I don't want to void the warranty.

I guess if no one local can lend me a motor then I will need to pack up the motor and esc and send them back to castle for evaluation. I suppose that is ok because it will never stop raining here anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back