Granite Anyone have one of these??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeG

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anybody happen to have one of these? It’s the GPM CVD. As you can see in the picture, the diff side ball broke mine. I don’t believe you can buy just one of these. You have to buy a whole set and I really don’t want to do that because this is the only one broken if anybody has that single piece or one driveshaft, I would love to buy it from you.
IMG_9155.jpeg

Thank you!
George

I have a similar set on my Senton. Haven't broken one ..yet. The new style CVD Arrma plastic ones that come on the Gorgon are thicker. I have a Gorgon too. I've compared them side by side & the Gorgon ones are much beefier & better. Same p/n for Senton & Gorgon & Granite. The LHS still has the old style but I found online a rc dismantler that had the Gorgon ones for sale. You can see they are thicker & more material around the yokes. I've broken the older style plastic ones in my Senton. I've not had any trouble w my Gorgon & it's brushless.

Screenshot_20240427_144747_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240427_144756_eBay.jpg

Here's the difference. These are the thinner ones. Same p/n AR310864

Screenshot_20240427_145330_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I have a similar set on my Senton. Haven't broken one ..yet. The new style CVD Arrma plastic ones that come on the Gorgon are thicker. I have a Gorgon too. I've compared them side by side & the Gorgon ones are much beefier & better. Same p/n for Senton & Gorgon & Granite. The LHS still has the old style but I found online a rc dismantler that had the Gorgon ones for sale. You can see they are thicker & more material around the yokes. I've broken the older style plastic ones in my Senton. I've not had any trouble w my Gorgon & it's brushless.

View attachment 363347

View attachment 363348

Here's the difference. These are the thinner ones. Same p/n AR310864

View attachment 363349
Well, honestly, the only reason mine broke was it took a tumble and it went out into the road and a truck hit it. The guy didn’t try to slow down. The guy didn’t hit the brakes. He just hit it and kept on going. I put a plastic stock one back on it for now, but I don’t think it’s gonna last, I just don’t wanna go buying another set of GPM ones for the price if I don’t have to. Hoping someone has the part I need.

I wonder if I got a set of the newer ones you’re talking about, if putting one of them in would survive once I break this stock one that I put on as a replacement.

Do you have a link to the newer style?

Well, honestly, the only reason mine broke was it took a tumble and it went out into the road and a truck hit it. The guy didn’t try to slow down. The guy didn’t hit the brakes. He just hit it and kept on going. I put a plastic stock one back on it for now, but I don’t think it’s gonna last, I just don’t wanna go buying another set of GPM ones for the price if I don’t have to. Hoping someone has the part I need.

I wonder if I got a set of the newer ones you’re talking about, if putting one of them in would survive once I break this stock one that I put on as a replacement.

Do you have a link to the newer style?
Trucks…

Ok. Thanks. Hope there tougher.
Dude, you crashed your RC in front of a speeding truck, who then ran over it… Do you seriously hope to find parts that hold up to “a truck ran over my rc car and stuff broke?” Those aftermarket driveshafts might be better than stock but they don’t hold up to “a truck ran over my car, man!”
Be careful out there, man.

Dude, you crashed your RC in front of a speeding truck, who then ran over it… Do you seriously hope to find parts that hold up to “a truck ran over my rc car and stuff broke?” Those aftermarket driveshafts might be better than stock but they don’t hold up to “a truck ran over my car, man!”
Be careful out there, man.
No im not asking them to hold up to a real truck. lol I saying hoping the plastic drive shaft holds up in the granite. They break, that’s why I put the GPM cvds in the truck.

I hope the new plastic Gorgon ones are stronger is what I was saying.

The GPM one are like $30 shipped. I’ll probably end up buying another set of them.

Either way bro at least you have options & see what is available. Could try the Arrma Gorgon ones, save a little dough, may hold up just fine. Mine is a 3500kv 100a ESC brushless & I've beat it up & held it wide open. They are still as new. Only on 2s but still I thought I'd help & share the findings. Dan's right, nothing holds up to a rundown.

Back