Any other slow drifters around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
I still suck but it was a beautiful night to get some practice in!

Edit: This is hard-wheel style drifting. Redcat RDS.

IMG_4423.jpeg

Last edited:
I still can't figure out drifting..on rare occasions get a few perfect drifts as planned. Other times not so much. Either understeer or oversteer.

Nice sunset pic!

I didnt think drifting would be hard but it is, at least for me. Maybe my setup is less than ideal, have tried with both SWB and XLWB chassis rigs and results are similar, 95% more 360 spins than actual drifts. 🤣

I can’t remember seeing this car in ROTM. It would certainly be a contender!

It's just a stock Redcat RDS and nothing fancy.

I still can't figure out drifting..on rare occasions get a few perfect drifts as planned. Other times not so much. Either understeer or oversteer.

Yea, I still struggle pretty hard. I can drift in a circle pretty consistently but rarely get good transitions in a figure eight. Been trying to spend more time practicing the basics before I go to a track again.

Nice sunset pic!

I didnt think drifting would be hard but it is, at least for me. Maybe my setup is less than ideal, have tried with both SWB and XLWB chassis rigs and results are similar, 95% more 360 spins than actual drifts.
🤣

I do pretty well with Hoonin' the Arrma rigs! The best advice I can give there is find a place with nice, polished concrete (local park pavilion is where I go) and practice control at lower speeds.

Last edited:
Got 1/16 and 1/10 drift cars..still hitting cones and barriers. Ordered a 1/24 to work on my indoor drifting..away from spectators.

Create similar layout and practice

1717689408066.png

Last edited:
Got 1/16 and 1/10 drift cars..still hitting cones and barriers. Ordered a 1/24 to work on my indoor drifting..away from spectators.

Create similar layout and practice

View attachment 371145

That course looks AWESOME!!

This video was pretty helpful for me to work on some practice moves. I need to move on to the "C" pattern with some cones or something.

Gonna put some tape down in the garage based on above design.

Gyro makes so much difference when drifting. Turn it off and my "tokyo drift" ability goes away.

Surface, tires, weight, and weight distribution have a lot at play. Different for each one of these car scales. I like to drift my 1/10 touring cars, and I have Mini-Z, also all different. Then I have some MST/Yokmo drifters with so many it's hard for me their all different.

The only ones I have a good hand on are the big Arrma cars/bashers

Back