Kraton ADU Racing Parts!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have everything I need for a couple new builds….except Time!!! 😂

View attachment 363474

View attachment 363475
Looks good!
I’m curious to see how these chassis plates hold up without using ADU’s motor mount/bracing mashup. Without that piece the non-keyed braces will be the weak point. In the center or at the bulkhead are where I usually bend mine. When it’s in the center it just rips the M4 screw on the brace right out.

Looks good!
I’m curious to see how these chassis plates hold up without using ADU’s motor mount/bracing mashup. Without that piece the non-keyed braces will be the weak point. In the center or at the bulkhead are where I usually bend mine. When it’s in the center it just rips the M4 screw on the brace right out.
You’d have to purposely try to bend a 7075 tempered chassis 4mm thick with 3mm center reinforcement. In fact, if I said you have this lipo pack to attempt bend it my 5 and 7 year old’s couldn’t…. So kudos to you for being such a wonderful transmitter operator 👍🏼

You’d have to purposely try to bend a 7075 tempered chassis 4mm thick with 3mm center reinforcement. In fact, if I said you have this lipo pack to attempt bend it my 5 and 7 year old’s couldn’t…. So kudos to you for being such a wonderful transmitter operator 👍🏼
I hear what you’re saying, the extra 1mm overall thickness is going to help. The reinforcement ADU put has a gap intended for their motor mount/chassis brace system. Inside of that gap they also took away the chassis key hole for the brace. This would seem to present a weak point, and usually where I bend my chassis.
1714332722534.png

I hear what you’re saying, the extra 1mm overall thickness is going to help. The reinforcement ADU put has a gap intended for their motor mount/chassis brace system. Inside of that gap they also took away the chassis key hole for the brace. This would seem to present a weak point, and usually where I bend my chassis.View attachment 363510
I’ve bent the same v5 blx chassis twice, the first was hitting a manhole cover at 50mph, took it apart and bent back to 7 degrees in the front.

Then the second time was a year later landing directly on a rock from 35ft.

Looks good!
Yeah I’m looking forward to seeing how everything fits and durability

As far as the keyed braces
The Kraton and Outcast don’t have keyed slots and never have
All mine with exb chassis and m2c chassis w non keyed braces have held up good

I know back when they were using 3m screws with the braces they would sheer off sometimes

But with m4 and running longer screws through w a nut they don’t sheer off very often
At least in my experience

I know back when they were using 3m screws with the braces they would sheer off sometimes

But with m4 and running longer screws through w a nut they don’t sheer off very often
At least in my experience
That’s a good point on the Kraton not having them. I honestly haven’t heard of many people “tacoing” their Kraton. They are 45mm shorter, so I don’t believe it’s as big of a problem. Interestingly it looks like Vitavon added a way to put a XLWB chassis brace with a key in the rear of their Kraton chassis plate 🤔. They also do a 4mm plate with an additional bracing, but it goes up to the motor mount and extends to the bulkhead. The ADU looks like it stops short of both.
IMG_5399.jpeg

At least in my experience.

Strangely the V1 EXB and the V5 chassis have provisions for keyed chassis braces in the rear but neither Arrma nor any of the aftermarket companies make a chassis brace to utilize the key in the chassis.

Strangely the V1 EXB and the V5 chassis have provisions for keyed chassis braces in the rear but neither Arrma nor any of the aftermarket companies make a chassis brace to utilize the key in the chassis.
I didn’t notice that

I know Arrma is now using 2 screws for the rear brace on the new 1/8 Kraton exb rtr

I didn’t notice that

I know Arrma is now using 2 screws for the rear brace on the new 1/8 Kraton exb rtr
Yeah the chassis have provisions for the rear brace to be keyed and held via 2 screws. Why Arrma did that and why no one takes advantage of it just baffles me.

Back