8S Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many rc cars sold as scaled of something and they aren't. This won't make dislike a car for that though. The proline MT is small for a 1/10 MT, but i like it.

I would be agree to say that it isn't a 1/5, and where is the problem? Would i dislike it because it isn't really a 1/5? no. It is a big truck, and the first of this kind. Will this change something only because there is "1/5" writen somewhere? Will this make it less fun? Not at all. It is a big toys, a toys, not a real model, not something to be really accurate. And as said, it is scaled of nothing as this kind of truck doesn't exist in full scale :LOL: .

People in general just love to complain! I was at Arby’s yesterday and the guy in front of me was complaining and said “my sandwich is too hot” ?
REALLY???
TOO HOT??? ???

I question more the motive that initiated the complaint than I do the particulars of the debate that follows.
Everyone for years (myself included) has been begging Arrma for a 1/5th scale offering, and now that it's finally here, there seems to be a segment that have turned into whiney b!tches looking for any excuse to complain about it. I unfortunately lack the patience for this type of behavior so I've decided to push back in my own special way whenever I run across it now.
Sorry, not sorry ?
And for what it's worth, this is the primary reason why won't sell my products to this type of customer base. Too many ungrateful and unrealistic people that ruin it for the others that are much more deserving IMO.

I get the feeling some are just grasping at straws and looking for a reason....any reason, imagined or not, to complain about Arrmas newest release.

Haters gonna hate I guess
Look man, only thing I’m hating on is people swearing by a brand like it’s their savior, when they’ve never driven a truck from any other competing brand, insist their truck is the best in its class, and then openly admit that it’s a mandatory $300+ to make the truck durable. Like what the hell. I don’t know, guess I’m the bad guy for not making parents buy kids Christmas presents that they think are durable because people say they are... when in reality, it ends up being a money pit? Only reason I’m hopping on the buzz kill train is because now everyone’s all “oH YoU cAnT cOmpArE it To aN xMaXx ItS a tRuGgY” when, in reality, if they released it without design flaws and it destroyed the xmaxx, they’d be like “yeah, death to the xmaxx!”

On top of the comments like “I’d rather bend a chassis than break one” these people fail to realize it takes several times the force to snap an xmaxx than it takes to bend a kraton. The proofs in the videos. And even then, it’s usually a bulkhead and rarely the chassis. I don’t know, maybe I’m just worked up because people are just too stupid to realize nowadays that these things are toys and toys only. The whole things turning into a Chevy vs ford argument.

It's funny that you mention others referring to a brand like it's their "savior" yet when I search the forum for examples to backup your claim, this is what I find....
IMG_2419.jpg

It's funny that you mention others referring to a brand like it's their "savior" yet when I search the forum for examples to backup your claim, this is what I find....
View attachment 54894
?‍♂️ What did you think I was some sort of traxxas fanboy or something??? They’re just like arrma! Both of the damn communities can be equally as toxic! They can be equally as helpful as well, like this forum, but sometimes also toxic. I find it funny you took it so literally. Nobody ever says “man, <this brand> is my savior” they say stuff like “I’ll never buy a <this brand>, because <other brand> is what I drive, which means it’s better. I’m only promoting the brand I drive and never putting my money anywhere else.”

I’m not just calling out people who think arrma is their savior, I’m also calling out people who think traxxas is their savior.

Perhaps there's a common denominator to this equation ?
If only I could put my finger on what it could be ??‍♂️

Perhaps there's a common denominator to this equation ?
If only I could put my finger on what it could be ??‍♂️
All this was originally about was teaching you that this kraton isn’t (definitely is not) a 5th scale. That’s all it was lol.

Look man, only thing I’m hating on is people swearing by a brand like it’s their savior, when they’ve never driven a truck from any other competing brand, insist their truck is the best in its class, and then openly admit that it’s a mandatory $300+ to make the truck durable. Like what the hell. I don’t know, guess I’m the bad guy for not making parents buy kids Christmas presents that they think are durable because people say they are... when in reality, it ends up being a money pit? Only reason I’m hopping on the buzz kill train is because now everyone’s all “oH YoU cAnT cOmpArE it To aN xMaXx ItS a tRuGgY” when, in reality, if they released it without design flaws and it destroyed the xmaxx, they’d be like “yeah, death to the xmaxx!”

On top of the comments like “I’d rather bend a chassis than break one” these people fail to realize it takes several times the force to snap an xmaxx than it takes to bend a kraton. The proofs in the videos. And even then, it’s usually a bulkhead and rarely the chassis. I don’t know, maybe I’m just worked up because people are just too stupid to realize nowadays that these things are toys and toys only. The whole things turning into a Chevy vs ford argument.

Really? It bothers you that much? ? You can always just disappear for a few months like you have in the past. No one will hold it against you ???

Yawn, I made my Outcast "ME" proof with $20 worth of junk . . . & I have been known to launch an RC off a cliff if I get mad at it :LOL:. I could throw another $100 at it & make it indestructible. But I had to wreck it a few times to know what it needed. That Outcast is the ONLY car in the 40 or so that I own that I can put in that category. The MT410 is a close second & I could probably make it "ME" proof, I just hate working on the thing. I would never go that route with that huge Kraton. Getting rid of weak points causes others which will make the Kraton a clusterF of an RC. I think I'll make it durable enough to survive basic full speed running & mild jumping. It won't see the 100ft cliff of death that I sent that lovely X-Maxx POS off of . . . & yet I still own that one :rolleyes:

Actually the only thing scale will tell you is how large it would be in real life (1/1).
So a Kraton 8s will be smaller 1/1 than a Losi 5b.

Everything else is just perception, personal opinion or marketing.

It amazes me people can discuss this in multiple threads over and over again in the past weeks on this forum. It's endless and leads to nothing.
Like debating about the colour of the moon, who cares?

Last edited:
Actually the only thing scale will tell you is how large it would be in real life (1/1).
So a Kraton 8s will be smaller 1/1 than a Losi 5b.

Everything else is just perception, personal opinion or marketing.

It amazes me people can discuss this in multiple threads over and over again in the past weeks on this forum. It's endless and leads to nothing.
Between the ppl caught up in the scale of it & the butthurts who can't buy any large car, it's just a bit annoying. If you walk in my LHS, you will see the Kraton 8s, right next to the X-Maxx, Losi 5t, & DBXL & none look out of place at all. Instead of scaling, female dog'n, & trolling, ppl should be more concerned why they aren't available yet, parts support, possible weaknesses, & component attributes like the awesome diffs.

Between the ppl caught up in the scale of it & the butthurts who can't buy any large car, it's just a bit annoying. If you walk in my LHS, you will see the Kraton 8s, right next to the X-Maxx, Losi 5t, & DBXL & none look out of place at all. Instead of scaling, female dog'n, & trolling, ppl should be more concerned why they aren't available yet, parts support, possible weaknesses, & component attributes like the awesome diffs.
My LHS is putting in a parts order tomorrow for the stuff I need. HH said parts aren't an issue. We will see!?

Haha. The power needed to turn such big wheels and tires to scale speed would be insane if it were human size.. Not to mention the drivetrain and chassis strength lol / yikes

One of you make a freakin 1:1 scale so we can settle this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back