6s Motor mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t personally have this one, but I’ve always had good luck with their parts. They even make dual motor mounts
IMG_3588.jpeg

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...1-8th-and-1-7th-trucks-for-1-5th-scale-motors

+1
This above would work best in an On-Road platform. Raz has used it before.
That was the beauty of the PPS mount , available with or without Roll Hoop retention.

PPS got my money 2 1/2 months ago. What I hear here gives me hope it might show up at some point.

Vitavon makes reasonable T6 7075 stuff. I have their gearboxes and hub carriers and I like them.

Did anyone end up getting the IronMan RC mount? I have the 4985 motor in my Limitless V1, and I saw a video of someone putting the 4990 motor in their V1 using their factory mount. I got a 4990 motor, and it does not fit using the PPS mount. It looks like the motor mount plate is thicker to allow for the meshing system, and that pushes the motor back in to the steering arms.

I’m curious if any has gotten the 4990 to fit in a V1 using any of the mentioned mounts

Last edited:
PPS is up and running again. My motor mount arrived just before Christmas. I have kids that RC so you know what that means, if I want one for my truck I'm going to have to order another one. He got a set of Vitavon 7075 gearboxes to go with it.

Did anyone end up getting the IronMan RC mount? I have the 4985 motor in my Limitless V1, and I saw a video of someone putting the 4990 motor in their V1 using their factory mount. I got a 4990 motor, and it does not fit using the PPS mount. It looks like the motor mount plate is thicker to allow for the meshing system, and that pushes the motor back in to the steering arms.

I’m curious if any has gotten the 4990 to fit in a V1 using any of the mentioned mounts
I can confirm, the PPS mount does indeed block the 4990/5690 from fitting. The factory mount does, but I don’t have the 30mm slide.

Sad to see you got PPS, but I needs the speeds!!!
IMG_4322.jpeg

I can confirm, the PPS mount does indeed block the 4990/5690 from fitting. The factory mount does, but I don’t have the 30mm slide.

Sad to see you got PPS, but I needs the speeds!!!View attachment 340022
With enough grinding, I was able to make the PPS mount fit with the 5690. That’s when I realized something, which was confirmed on PPS’ site. If you’re running a 30mm motor, you have to flip the pinion gear around, because the motor sits off-center in the mount. I’m personally not a fan, I want my mount point further up. I went ahead and ordered the Arrma 30mm sliding mount, it doesn’t look to have that issue.
IMG_4327.jpeg

the limitless v2 mount works nicely with big blocks but you need the whole shabang, diff cover etc.

the limitless v2 mount works nicely with big blocks but you need the whole shabang, diff cover etc.
You’re awesome! I saw that it required the V2 mount on the Arrma website, but I doubted it for a second. Thanks to you I went ahead and ordered the mount too.

I came across this on eBay. It’s weird it didn’t show up on their main site AliExpress. I specifically went there looking for a mount like this. They have dedicated blocks for 30mm, they are 7075, and for cheaper than the V2 mount + slide. There’s another guy on the forum saying how good these parts are too. I went ahead and ordered it, I’ll report back.
IMG_4329.jpeg

You’re awesome! I saw that it required the V2 mount on the Arrma website, but I doubted it for a second. Thanks to you I went ahead and ordered the mount too.
make sure you get the right motor slide for the v2 mount!! depending on your motor spacing you might need to get the optional plate.

make sure you get the right motor slide for the v2 mount!! depending on your motor spacing you might need to get the optional plate.
I ordered both the Adu and the V2 Limitless mount with 30MM slide. I’ll do a comparison on them.

I ordered both the Adu and the V2 Limitless mount with 30MM slide. I’ll do a comparison on them.
The V2 Limitless mount is ok, it sits up a little high for my taste. I can’t get the correct ADU motor mount after multiple orders, it looks like it has been retired.

I came across this brand before, and I’ve had really good luck. It comes with the full mount and spool for $78
Mesimple 30MM motor mount

It looks legit, comes in black and red
IMG_4656.jpeg

Back