Granite 3S BLX motor mount options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snacktime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
So I know 4s mount is thicker and prefered. How are the full metal gear boxes? Should I just buy a stock BLX and call it good? I have a 4S metal slipper inbound but no case to put it in.
1713817979435.png
1713818010451.png

So I know 4s mount is thicker and prefered. How are the full metal gear boxes? Should I just buy a stock BLX and call it good? I have a 4S metal slipper inbound but no case to put it in.
View attachment 362604View attachment 362605
The 4s motor mount (for the slipper) is exactly the same as the 3s, it’s not an upgrade. The 4s metal slipper fits any 3s vehicle. You don’t need to change the motor mount to use a metal slipper.

If your spending that kinda money go to jennys buy the 4s motormount and center diff
The center diff will not fit in a Granite. At least not without making the Granite a huge pain to work on, or modifying it in a way that is likely to greatly reduce durability and reliability. I’ve decided, it’s not worth it.

Last edited:
I thought the 4s motor mount had a thicker motor plate?

The 4s motor mount (for the slipper) is exactly the same as the 3s, it’s not an upgrade. The 4s metal slipper fits any 3s vehicle. You don’t need to change the motor mount to use a metal slipper.

Only difference between the 2 motor mounts is the fact that the spur gear in the 4S assembly is metal. Other than that, all other parts of the motor mounts are the same. You can remove the stock motor mount plate and replace it with a better one that won't bend as easily. I'm running this motor mount plate in my 3S/4S Big Rock.

Screenshot_20240423_003242_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The 3s and 4s plates are the same thickness nowadays, but the 3s plate was 1mm thinner in the past, but that plate is obsolete now.
I run the recent motor mount plate without any issues, but I do have a 3d printed support for the motor.

@Neelis thank you for the history, I was going crazy trying to figure out the differences.

I just ordered a stock setup as I needed the plate and plastic housing. Thank you for the random guidance.

Back