Outcast 25 spline Arrma Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad.buford

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Received my new servo and servo saver just a moment ago. Put the servo saver on. Servo saver was lined up correctly so I take it off and the entire thing came apart and the spring went flying!

I managed to put it all back together but worried it may fail when in use. Obvously the screw with some threadlock will hold it in place.

It actuall arrive with a gap like in the photos, but when I compare it to the stock one, it appears this has a gap as well. Should I send this back and get the Kimborough one and mod it? or is it fine to put this back in and finish the job?

Photo below, any advice is greatly appreciated
20230511_183233.jpg
preciated.

Thank you

They are designed to come apart so you can replace the spring, so as long as you got it back together right it should not be an issue. I had the same thing happen to one of my Traxxas servo savers but once I finally got it back together it's been trucking along great for like 7 or 8 months.

They are designed to come apart so you can replace the spring, so as long as you got it back together right it should not be an issue. I had the same thing happen to one of my Traxxas servo savers but once I finally got it back together it's been trucking along great for like 7 or 8 months.
Thanks Slick for your advice! I'm nearly there. Last query on this is regarding lining up the servo saver. the only way I can get it to line up straight is to adjust the setting on the remote like shown in the photo. Is this normal? If I set the remote to the centre for ST setting the servo saver does not sit in the centre. Is there something wrong with the servo saver or what I have done is correct?

20230511_194647.jpg

Thanks Slick for your advice! I'm nearly there. Last query on this is regarding lining up the servo saver. the only way I can get it to line up straight is to adjust the setting on the remote like shown in the photo. Is this normal? If I set the remote to the centre for ST setting the servo saver does not sit in the centre. Is there something wrong with the servo saver or what I have done is correct?

View attachment 298951

Nothing wrong with anything, I've only ever had 1 servo ever that was actually centered at 0. On my DX5C the average is 25 clicks one way or the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back