1/7 Traxxas slash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duperbash almost certainly has gotten nearly all of his Arrmas for free over the last 5 years or so. I don't know about RCdude81 because I don't really follow his channel.
All these youtubers are just all influencers. I looked up to Rich a lot more at the beginning until he just became a month piece for M2C. Same for rc dude. He always talks about m2c in every video.

Like a new truck is out and his job is legit to find flaws under a run or two and make a part asap and advertise it... tons of people think including me that owning a arrma 6s will drill a hole in ur wallet. It can but its highly over exagerated. Many were smart and jumped on the rollers or replaced stuff from day 1 on the rtrs like the diffs for exb and metal braces for example.

Thats why we value people like you Razor because every rc you ussualy buy it with ur money and make reviews from the perspective of how a nornal joe would run the truck and what to expect from it. Meaning no upgrades or little to none and thats the end of it

Last edited:
I got about half of my cars free last year, the other half I paid for. But I get a lot of stuff free in a non-traditional way from other Youtubers.

I can't speak for other channels, but before I ever got anything free, I made videos a certain way that I felt was honest and fair (and competent). I figured if the manufacturers liked those videos, then it seems like it should be fine to keep making the same type of video!

As for upgrades, yeah I hardly upgrade my cars unless there's something that is a serious weakness (meaning it breaks, even if you land it well!).

Big rock is trash and I hate the whole arrma 4s/3s line with a passion. I also thought the fireteam was goofy af and I was one of the haters at launch. I bought one during that sale though and yanked the soldiers out and now I think it's great lol.

OK, you're going to have to explain why you think the BRCC is trash and the Fireteam is great. I don't get that. A lot of people say they're the same car (which I also don't agree with, but they certainly share like 95% the same parts).

You keep forgetting the fact that the sledge cost a lot more. That fact is actually relevant and matters! if they were the same price you would have great points. I for one believe that when something is more expensive than the competition it should actually be better.

Man the XRT really is great (minus all the electronics). I'm still salty I didn't get a black one and now that they're so easy to get I don't want to spend the money on a 4th xrt. I also totally agree with you on the diamonds comment. I think the big rock 6s is horrible in looks and price when you compare it to the kraton.

I already mentioned that Arrma wins the price point a few posts back.

And @Matt05 brought up a pretty good point. What exactly has Arrma done that has been innovative for the hobby? Literally everything they have done had already been done by someone else.

Last edited:
I like Duperbash and RCDUDE content, they always start off stock, and beat the snot out of them, regardless of whether they paid for it or not. If we muted the volume, we can see what breaks, or doesn't without having to hear all the Arrma/HH/M2C babble.. They get the M2C parts for free, so of course they're gonna push the products, just as they do the Arrma's. Whether it's HH giving them or their LHS, no matter to me. Heck, I'm convinced that M2C is footing the bill on their TRX rigs, 4s Arrma's too. Duperbash and RCDUDE don't run 4s Arrma's or TRX rigs unless M2C is developing upgrades.. but then, I really don't base my purchases on what they do, cuz their use is extreme. Regardless of how hard any of us think we are on our rigs, there's likely 1% of rc end users who push their toys like those guys do.
I'm more akin to @razorrc content and use, though I'm less talented. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't throw the upgrade catalog at every rc.

The idea that brand A,B or C needs these upgrades to be durable enough for us is just a "waiving peepee's" mentality IMO. I'm convinced it's more like showing off..

I don't like the Sludge in particular due to the shady advertising TRX engaged in at release..very misleading I feel. Their right of course, and our responsibility as buyers to look through the smoke screen. Which is what it was.. to me, the fact that the Sludge needs upgrades just to run around a track is pathetic. Maybe my brother just got a lemon, or early production defects? Happens I know, but unfortunately our sample size is one, and it definitely left a bad impression of the Sludge on my brother and I.

As to the Maxx Slash, it's a new chassis, has some nice features, and some old gremlins that TRX refuses to update. Overall, I think the chassis is what's impressive about it, and the possibilities that it creates, just like @Matt05 had said at the beginning of this thread. I won't be buying one of these, but more because of my personal situation than lack of interest.

I got about half of my cars free last year, the other half I paid for. But I get a lot of stuff free in a non-traditional way from other Youtubers.

I can't speak for other channels, but before I ever got anything free, I made videos a certain way that I felt was honest and fair (and competent). I figured if the manufacturers liked those videos, then it seems like it should be fine to keep making the same type of video!

As for upgrades, yeah I hardly upgrade my cars unless there's something that is a serious weakness (meaning it breaks, even if you land it well!).

OK, you're going to have to explain why you think the BRCC is trash and the Fireteam is great. I don't get that. A lot of people say they're the same car (which I also don't agree with, but they certainly share like 95% the same parts).
100% looks for the big rock, I just don't like the way it looks, I know it's basically the same rig for the most part other than the body. Tbh its pretty cool that you get even half the rigs for free ass you seem pretty damn honest in your videos when it comes to telling it like it is.
I already mentioned that Arrma wins the price point a few posts back.

And @Matt05 brought up a pretty good point. What exactly has Arrma done that has been innovative for the hobby? Literally everything they have done had already been done by someone else.
I won't argue innovation. Arrma rigs have been pretty durable for me overall though. I don't have any experience with any other basher companies besides traxxas/corally

100% looks for the big rock, I just don't like the way it looks, I know it's basically the same rig for the most part other than the body. Tbh its pretty cool that you get even half the rigs for free ass you seem pretty damn honest in your videos when it comes to telling it like it is.

I won't argue innovation. Arrma rigs have been pretty durable for me overall though. I don't have any experience with any other basher companies besides traxxas/corally

I have cars from so many different brands. They all have their strong points and they all have their week points. I don't think I have a single car that has ever remained stock.

If you start by moving the Fireteam battery tray to the big rock position and use the same tires on both they are pretty close to similar.

If you start by moving the Fireteam battery tray to the big rock position and use the same tires on both they are pretty close to similar.

Sure, if you go from 95% the same to 98% the same parts they are going to be almost exactly the same. Same if you put MT tires on a Typhon 3S, it would drive like a Big Rock 3S.

Back to Maxx Slash content...

Sure, if you go from 95% the same to 98% the same parts they are going to be almost exactly the same. Same if you put MT tires on a Typhon 3S, it would drive like a Big Rock 3S.

Back to Maxx Slash content...

Nicely done! It's growing on me. Curious to hear what that god awful noise is.. it definitely took some hits!

Got to put $100-150 more with servo/shocks and tuning this Traxxas SCT just to try and compete with a Mojave 4S. A little embarrassing but it’ll sell and people will put MTs on it just to be fanboys.

Got to put $100-150 more with servo/shocks and tuning this Traxxas SCT just to try and compete with a Mojave 4S. A little embarrassing but it’ll sell and people will put MTs on it just to be fanboys.
The servo might be "okay" if overvolted with 7.4v, but of course that requires an esc upgrade or external BEC..unfortunately the TQi receiver doesn't play well on 7.4v..I used a Max6 G1 in my Xmaxx with the BEC set to 7.4v, the fans and servo loved it, receiver not so much.. voltage bleed or something that caused the truck to move without input.. went away as soon as I switched BEC back to 6.0.
I suspect the shocks are adequate for most with some tuning?
I think either the motor moved or the monkey metal gears gave up on Razor. We'll have to wait and see what happened there..
The battery tray/latch limitations are disappointing..but the body,cage and clipless mounting system are sweet.
I think TRX hit the nail on the head on size, smack dab in the middle between 4s and 6s Mojo, so the Maxx Slash is somewhat stuntable like a 4s Mojo, which jumps really well, and almost the stability of the 6s Mojo..but not quite as stable as a 6s Mojo from what I see.
At the price point, the Maxx Slash should have sway bars at least I feel.

The servo might be "okay" if overvolted with 7.4v, but of course that requires an esc upgrade or external BEC..unfortunately the TQi receiver doesn't play well on 7.4v..I used a Max6 G1 in my Xmaxx with the BEC set to 7.4v, the fans and servo loved it, receiver not so much.. voltage bleed or something that caused the truck to move without input.. went away as soon as I switched BEC back to 6.0.
I suspect the shocks are adequate for most with some tuning?
I think either the motor moved or the monkey metal gears gave up on Razor. We'll have to wait and see what happened there..
The battery tray/latch limitations are disappointing..but the body,cage and clipless mounting system are sweet.
I think TRX hit the nail on the head on size, smack dab in the middle between 4s and 6s Mojo, so the Maxx Slash is somewhat stuntable like a 4s Mojo, which jumps really well, and almost the stability of the 6s Mojo..but not quite as stable as a 6s Mojo from what I see.
I should have a least so many things for the price.

Not everything needs to be taken off a big ramp as part of a "review", esp for RC rigs that weren't designed to do that.

Also...

8i8kcx.jpg

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Not everything needs to be taken off a big ramp as part of a "review", esp for RC rigs that weren't designed to do that.

Also...

View attachment 352841

Just my opinion.
🤣🤣. Exactly how i see these high youtubers saying how every single car they touch is amazing and durable and they are back in the next video with m2c parts

So the Maxx Slash is somewhat stuntable like a 4s Mojo, which jumps really well, and almost the stability of the 6s Mojo..but not quite as stable as a 6s Mojo from what I see.
I haven't seen any footage proving it's as capable as a 4S Mojave, it has poor grip on anything but asphalt and any whoop/jump not hit perfectly will create rollover situations. Any jump transition higher than a foot and the shocks don't absorb/rebound and it fishtails. We know their plastic module structure is durable, but this design implementation is not creating a true low center of gravity that's immediately evident.

The 6S Mojave has over 14 degrees of arm droop and unless the dogbones/axles have additional length designed to accommodate a proper articulation this slash will require many hours of testing to set up spring rates and rebound along with sway bar tuning.

The MSM video at the 1/8 track was completely laughable, my 5-year-old driving his 1/14 rlaarlo would run circles around this thing out of the box.

I haven't seen any footage proving it's as capable as a 4S Mojave, it has poor grip on anything but asphalt and any whoop/jump not hit perfectly will create rollover situations. Any jump transition higher than a foot and the shocks don't absorb/rebound and it fishtails. We know their plastic module structure is durable, but this design implementation is not creating a true low center of gravity that's immediately evident.

The 6S Mojave has over 14 degrees of arm droop and unless the dogbones/axles have additional length designed to accommodate a proper articulation this slash will require many hours of testing to set up spring rates and rebound along with sway bar tuning.

The MSM video at the 1/8 track was completely laughable, my 5-year-old driving his 1/14 rlaarlo would run circles around this thing out of the box.
I didn't mean it handles like a Mojo, but rather that it behaves similar to a 4s Mojo on bigger jumps, such as backflip capable. Way outside what I look for from an sct myself though. As to all the details about droop and proper geometry, I have no clue. I just bash, so either it works or doesn't. I do see that the Maxx slasher doesn't handle particularly well, but between having completely wrong tires for most surfaces and not really intended for big jumps, I find the available reviews inconclusive so far.
I still believe both Mojo's are better, especially when considering value, which is always my main decision maker.
I saw MSM vid too..I couldn't wait for him to get to the running footage though. Blah, blah, blah.. I'm eating skanky frozen beef patties with crappy Kraft mayonnaise..🤢 LOL
After skipping to the actual on track portion, yeah, I wasted my time, it was weak at best.
But, we know most Maxx Slash consumers couldn't care less how it actually handles..🤪😂🍻

I saw MSM vid too..I couldn't wait for him to get to the running footage though. Blah, blah, blah.. I'm eating skanky frozen beef patties with crappy Kraft mayonnaise..🤢 LOL
After skipping to the actual on track portion, yeah, I wasted my time, it was weak at best.
But, we know most Maxx Slash consumers couldn't care less how it actually handles..🤪😂🍻
I watch review videos at 1.5x so it looks like they can actually drive. :ROFLMAO:

I watch review videos at 1.5x so it looks like they can actually drive. :ROFLMAO:
LOL!
I was just watching back to back vids from @razorrc of the Maxx Slash and Mojo 4s at the same bash spot.. you're right, there's no comparison between how well the 4s Mojo behaves compared to the Slash. I will say again however, the more 4s Mojo vids I watch, the more I'm wanting one.. LOL. Must stop!!

LOL!
I was just watching back to back vids from @razorrc of the Maxx Slash and Mojo 4s at the same bash spot.. you're right, there's no comparison between how well the 4s Mojo behaves compared to the Slash. I will say again however, the more 4s Mojo vids I watch, the more I'm wanting one.. LOL. Must stop!!
I would certainly buy a mojo 4S roller and install a HW 8BL150g2 or max 8 g2 combo in it.

Back