Marty McFly's 1985 Toyota truck fully restored...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Always thought the black Toyota 4x4 in Back to the Future as one of the best looking 4x4's ever. Never thought about what happened to the real trucks from the movie, but this guy did one of the most impressive restorations I've ever seen, all the way down to sandblasting the original nuts and bolts and electroplating with zinc!
Even crazier is the story behind the truck. The one from the first movie was raffled off and the winner ended up having an accident that totaled the truck. The one from part 2 & 3 was sold and changed hands multiple times, was stolen more than once, was completely redone with new paint and interior in orange and blue by a Denver Broncos fan and eventually was sold on Craigslist for nearly nothing to someone who realized what truck it was because it had ALL documentation back to when it was being used in the movie! Anyway, its a 30 minute video, but worth the watch if you enjoy classic car/truck restorations.

The guy who did the restoration will build a Back to the Future edition 85 Toyota to order for customers, takes around 1-2 years from start to finish and I'm guessing not a penny less than $150k. At least I know one thing I'm buying if I ever win the lottery! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of the most iconic toyota trucks ever! I had a 81, 85 xtra cab. Now have a 1999 and 2014 tacoma.
If i had more money than sense, i’d buy a back to the future replica!

Suuuuuure. Rub it in that we can't get Hilux's here in the states. :LOL:
Ok sorry. I won't tell you that I've had 2 Hilux's and still have a 2000 HZJ105 landcruiser dual cab, tray back (ute). I've had 6 Toyota's to date.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back