Outcast Center diff binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
Hi all-
Having a super random issue after taking out my center diff in my Outcast 4s and filling it up.
Initially, I installed the M2C center diff plate and some new fast eddy bearings.
When I put the module back together, the center diff wouldn’t spin freely. I first thought the screws on the diff weren’t clearing the plastic module, so I dremeled down the plastic until I felt that the screws cleared (and I also installed the motor and spun it up for a minute, which didn’t do anything just made the motor hot. I assembling it every way I could think of: with motor, without motor, and also put the original plate and bearings back, returning the module to completely stock. No luck. The only thing changed from stock now is me having taken apart the center diff to fill it. Any ideas?

PS the two halves of the plastic module aren’t quite even when put up against each other, one side doesn’t touch without squeezing. This is totally stock though

Check your bearings, make sure they are seated all the way down and even. Slightly uneven will cause them to bind. Especially on the m2c motor plate, tolerance is probably tight.

Check your bearings, make sure they are seated all the way down and even. Slightly uneven will cause them to bind. Especially on the m2c motor plate, tolerance is probably tight.
If the m2c plate bearing is really tight to get in,put the bearing in your freezer for 20 minutes and try to put back in the m2c motor plate.

If the m2c plate bearing is really tight to get in,put the bearing in your freezer for 20 minutes and try to put back in the m2c motor plate.
For me the bearing is easy to get in and out, and I confirmed with a friend that the bearing was fully seated. I really have no idea what the issue is

For me the bearing is easy to get in and out, and I confirmed with a friend that the bearing was fully seated. I really have no idea what the issue
Does it need shims?

Look for any marks on the inside of the case. New motor plate and bearings you might really need some shims on both sides?

Last edited:
Does it need shims?

Look for any marks on the inside of the case. New motor plate and bearings you might really need some shims on both sides?
I don’t think so, no play inside back and forth when tightened up. Even with stock plate and bearings it’s got the same issue

Back