Kraton Anyone else experienced center diff "ears" snapping off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey all,

As I continue exploring the beauties of RC life, my ~3 months old Kraton 4s v2.5 brings more surprises :)
This time I absolutely randomly discovered that the center diff "ears" are gone. I am 100% sure that they were there and intact in March. Now they are gone. *sigh*

I am not a crazy basher (yet, lol), but it definitely happened during one of the runs. Just wondering if anyone experienced the same?

From what I understand, it's fine to run as is. The center diff is not going anywhere.

1713100317193.jpeg

1713100369261.png

Wtf? That is weird. I've heard of people breaking those trying to remove the motor module but I have never seen one just up and break itself

Wtf? That is weird. I've heard of people breaking those trying to remove the motor module but I have never seen one just up and break itself
I did move the center diff twice - to add oil and then to move things onto new chassis (old destroyed during its second run; front hinge pin got ripped out).
Both times I was very careful with disassembly, as I am with any tech. Both times the center diff nicely "clicked" back into its place.

The latest photo of the center diff I could find is from March. The "ears" were still intact.

1713101016391.jpeg

It’s completely normal. Some people’s even came sliced from factory so it broke if you tried to pull on it. The two screws on the bottom replace that tab

@Glitch Hm, that's interesting.

I was contacting Arrma support about it. They said that "These opening "ears" do not break off on their own, but break if you bend them incorrectly or with force."
Of course, it is impossible for me to somehow prove that I did not do it with my hands. I just know that I did not. Hope they address it in future revisions.

@Eno I had limited contacts with support for now. Somehow, not impressed. Technically, there is no real way to verify when exactly the "ears" got broken, so I understand them. I just know that I am not trying to trick them and stuff broke during a bash. The jumps I do are maybe 1m max. Most of the time it's just surface bashing. That's why I was very surprised the "ears" were gone.

Anyway, even if Arrma offers a new diff case, there is zero guarantee it won't happen again. So I'll just drive as is. The screws are holding the diff well.
For building a brand loyalty overall - it's not a positive case in my book.

@Glitch Hm, that's interesting.

I was contacting Arrma support about it. They said that "These opening "ears" do not break off on their own, but break if you bend them incorrectly or with force."
Of course, it is impossible for me to somehow prove that I did not do it with my hands. I just know that I did not. Hope they address it in future revisions.
Didn’t know that! There are guys who had them break off during shipping and run without em just fine. I bet you’ll have no issues

It’s normal, don’t worry about it. Not needed.

Back