YOWOO Graphine batteries 4S & 6S Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So along with my spending spree of upgrades (did I also mention I got an RC8B3E w/ tekin RX8/T8 2050kv gen 2 combo ?) I bought a 6S pack. I was running two Gen's Ace 3s 5500mah 45C packs, but one is starting to puff a little, and they're never dead on after a run. Plus they started to bend after some bashing, and was disappointed I paid so much from AMain.

Being that I had good luck putting my faith into cheap servos like the JX ones on Amazon I'd thought I'd put my faith into a battery as well. Still plan on one day buying a Max Amps, and ProTeks for the buggy, but until then I needed something "reasonable".

I ordered this one YOWOO 6S Graphene Battery 6000mAh... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MR1YR64?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Off Amazon, and it took about 3 days to get to me. While in transit I ordered the 4S 4000mah version. When they showed up I was like uh-oh this thing is a brick! ?
20190831_090325.jpg

Here it is next to one of those Gen's Ace packs.
20190831_090518.jpg

And two 3S packs
20190831_090425.jpg

Now I was like crap is this gonna fit!? And I'll be dammed, like a glove, it was like they made it just for our battery tray.
20190831_091041.jpg

20190831_091035.jpg

With not a mm to spare?

Now, I only have a few runs so far, I never discharge balanced them, and they came out of the box right at 3.85. As of this morning, after running them yesterday I put them on the Venom to see if the cells are still balanced. I think the numbers speak for themselves.
20190831_091310.jpg

20190831_091228.jpg

I will update with the long term review, but so far they're a HUGE difference with the 100C rating. Like this is not a superficial gain in performance, it was massively noticeable. They're actually wrapped nicer than any other battery I have, corners are nice and square, wiring is clean. If you look closely in the Amazon description it calls itself the "Panther" model, so I'm wondering if these are Turnigy 6.0 rewrapped idk. But so far pretty pleased, we'll see if my tray can hold up to them, and if they last longer than the pos Gens batteries that are basically trash after only two months?.

Attachments

• 20190831_090317.jpg
    20190831_090317.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190831_090603.jpg
    20190831_090603.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20190831_090629.jpg
    20190831_090629.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 90
That lipo looks great and reasonable price. Looks very nice too

i Have a turnegy graphene, its only a 4000mah 6s lipo but i cant fit it in the v4 tray without taking the top sliding parts off. its a beast.

That lipo looks great and reasonable price. Looks very nice too

i Have a turnegy graphene, its only a 4000mah 6s lipo but i cant fit it in the v4 tray without taking the top sliding parts off. its a beast.
These fit under the slider in the front, and you even have a little more room, about 8mm, to slide it in. I cinch it from the front, and use that clip.

I would not bother with the Maxamps batteries.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23629251&postcount=16

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

"Speaking of which: MAXAMPS, The most expensive 6S 5450mah on the planet was by far the worst pack I've ever tested. It failed in every metric so badly I actually feel sorry for the company more then the customers they should be issuing recall notices to. This "True 120C" unit is not even a decent 10C product. Originally I purchased the 5000mah "True 100C" version at a cost higher then TP's Rampage. It tested so bad it almost popped before completing a standard 25C run. Figuring it was simply defective I returned it for the recommended 5450mah "True 120C" version.

Here's where it gets weird because I've always riled against over priced packs: I LOVE THESE GUYS! I received some of the best support I've ever encountered, on par with Dinogy's MarkF. If the $250 5450mah would have compared favorably with his $140 70C unit I would have considered buying more even at their horrendously inflated price. No amount of service or salesmanship could have built a successful company using this caliber of cells, right? They must have received a very bad shipment and simply need to overhaul their inhouse QC procedures. Otherwise theirs is the worst kind of scam. Competitively both units tested are not worth $50 each. It's the only one I've ever filed a Paypal refund claim against because they didn't send what I ordered. "

So along with my spending spree of upgrades (did I also mention I got an RC8B3E w/ tekin RX8/T8 2050kv gen 2 combo ?) I bought a 6S pack. I was running two Gen's Ace 3s 5500mah 45C packs, but one is starting to puff a little, and they're never dead on after a run. Plus they started to bend after some bashing, and was disappointed I paid so much from AMain.

Being that I had good luck putting my faith into cheap servos like the JX ones on Amazon I'd thought I'd put my faith into a battery as well. Still plan on one day buying a Max Amps, and ProTeks for the buggy, but until then I needed something "reasonable".

I ordered this one YOWOO 6S Graphene Battery 6000mAh... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MR1YR64?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Off Amazon, and it took about 3 days to get to me. While in transit I ordered the 4S 4000mah version. When they showed up I was like uh-oh this thing is a brick! ?
View attachment 47057
View attachment 47063
And two 3S packs
View attachment 47064

Now I was like crap is this gonna fit!? And I'll be dammed, like a glove, it was like they made it just for our battery tray.
View attachment 47059
View attachment 47060

With not a mm to spare?

Now, I only have a few runs so far, I never discharge balanced them, and they came out of the box right at 3.85. As of this morning, after running them yesterday I put them on the Venom to see if the cells are still balanced. I think the numbers speak for themselves.
View attachment 47061
View attachment 47062

I will update with the long term review, but so far they're a HUGE difference with the 100C rating. Like this is not a superficial gain in performance, it was massively noticeable. They're actually wrapped nicer than any other battery I have, corners are nice and square, wiring is clean. If you look closely in the Amazon description it calls itself the "Panther" model, so I'm wondering if these are Turnigy 6.0 rewrapped idk. But so far pretty pleased, we'll see if my tray can hold up to them, and if they last longer than the pos Gens batteries that are basically trash after only two months?.
Pretty sure yowoo are the same mob that make the HRB batteries.. they have a graphene HRB 100c

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...0&pm=1&ds=0&t=1559108128000&ver=0&cspheader=1

They were coming up next to each other on Amazon. Heard good things about hrb. Think all of these are probably the same batteries from the same factory in China.
True there are only about a handful of factories that make lipo batteries.

They were coming up next to each other on Amazon. Heard good things about hrb. Think all of these are probably the same batteries from the same factory in China.
I read this further down the link that i posted which confirms its one and the same company..

“We have some registered international brands... HRB,YouMe Power and Yowoo.We insist on "Devote oneself to offer better power solution for remote control High-tech Field".”

I have a HRB battery and its been great.. better built in my opinion than my SMC battery..

View attachment 47057
View attachment 47063
And two 3S packs
View attachment 47064

View attachment 47059
View attachment 47060

With not a mm to spare?

View attachment 47061
View attachment 47062

You might want to get rid of those big "balance plug saver" enclosures. Or add a piece of velcro to keep them from flopping around when your running. With the added weight of those covers, it causes the balance lead to flop all over when running. Copper is a work hardened material. The wire is copper. Over time, they get rigid and the wire inside breaks.

I had to fix the stupid balance plugs on my friends packs many times due to those stupid tabs. Without them, you can put them in the balance plug retainers built into the battery box. Then they don't flail around like a wet noodle.

I run cheap 40$ lipos from my amazon. Only issue i had was cells bending a bit after a hard nose landing fixed that with double sided tape. I wont pay for a brand name lipo because when they go out prematurely... money down the drain

Stick with Turnigy Heavy Duty. Great output, long life, durable, and middle of the range pricing.
If you are looking for max output, and are ok with a little extra weight and size Turnigy Graphene's are top dog.

-Liberty

Stick with Turnigy Heavy Duty. Great output, long life, durable, and middle of the range pricing.
If you are looking for max output, and are ok with a little extra weight and size Turnigy Graphene's are top dog.

-Liberty
Turnigy Graphene are some of the only consumer lipos that are even close to a true 50c discharge rate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back