Fireteam Wheel bearings, factory, aftermarket, same size but are they?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the hubs, do you guys think that the bearings with one metal and one rubber sealer are best choice? Similar to the Avid Revolution bearings
Probably best to stick with sealed bearings on those.

Better go rubber sealed on both sides (2RS).
When searching for wheel bearings, I found that the higher quality bearings (ABEC 7) all came with mixed rubber and metal seals, while most of the lesser quality bearings (ABEC 3) come with rubber seals. I have TRB RC ABEC 7 ceramic hybrid wheel bearings on both my Kraton 6s and on my Infraction 6s, and they came with mixed seals.

When searching for wheel bearings, I found that the higher quality bearings (ABEC 7) all came with mixed rubber and metal seals, while most of the lesser quality bearings (ABEC 3) come with rubber seals. I have TRB RC ABEC 7 ceramic hybrid wheel bearings on both my Kraton 6s and on my Infraction 6s, and they came with mixed seals.
I run the cheaper and lower ABEC rated bearings as they won’t last anyway in dune sand terrain. Apparently sand ‘likes’ wheel bearings.😄
In my motors I do have hybrid ceramic bearings though.

For the hubs, do you guys think that the bearings with one metal and one rubber sealer are best choice? Similar to the Avid Revolution bearings

View attachment 353196

From McMasters. Shielded for cleaner applications where RPM matter.
1709929201576.png

I had bad luck with the yellow shielded wheel bearings. Couldn't get a whole pack through without them locking up. Went back to the blue TBRC, Fasteddies etc and haven't had any problems.

Back