What’s everyone’s opinion on this nitro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadlifex3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
HH has them $50 off. Kind of want another nitro. Sold my others off last year and they were Traxxas brand. Wasn’t crazy about them but like nitro.

F6B5D194-B3C5-430B-A306-5A4F5FEC1DF1.png

My big complaint about the Losi 8ight is the plastic shocks and fixed plastic steering and camber links.

Kyosho also has a nitro buggy in the same price range, it has plastic shocks and phillips screws throughout.

If it was me and I wanted a cheap nitro buggy I would go with the Hobao Hyper 7 https://www.absolutehobbyz.com/hobao-hyper-7-tq-rtr-w-h-2802turbo-engine-14kg-servos-2-4g-blue.html it's cheaper, has aluminum shocks and adjustable turnbuckles. Parts for the Hyper 7 can be found all over the place online as well as a plethora of upgrades. I would also be weary of buying Losi cars that go on sale, normally when that happens it is because they are having a fire sale and trying to get rid of them before they discontinue them.

Oh man, it has plastic shocks and steering links now? Guess that's the RTR effect. Back in the day it was a kit with high quality materials throughout and was pretty much ready to race once you added a good engine and electronics.

Losi is nice.

But hey
This is sick deal

asc80939.jpg

Price: $639.99 (Save 38%)Sale: $399.99

At Amainhobbies., very limited left in stock, BE FAST.

Nothing wrong with Dynamite, one of the best bashing motors.
But
you don't want that RTR version in that Losi.

You want this MACH 2 , also with pullstart
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...engine-w-pullspin-start-combo-dyn0899/p140245

Key Features:

• 13mm turbo ported crankshaft
  • 2 needle carburetor
  • ABC 6 port piston and sleeve
  • Knife edged connecting rod
This rig and motor is BADASS at this low price, insane.

ALOT BETTER than that losi, almost same price, you have already extra receiver to your radio,
and extra servo laying on table i believe
If not, these are cheap you know that.

other cheap stuff is exhaust 50 bucks, and one clutch

https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...e-exhaust-system-hard-anodized-dynp5003/p9005

Anyways, if you are lazy, and want RTR only, that Losi is nice then.
But this MACH 2 and this ASS is badass, another level.
My big complaint about the Losi 8ight is the plastic shocks and fixed plastic steering and camber links.

Kyosho also has a nitro buggy in the same price range, it has plastic shocks and phillips screws throughout.

If it was me and I wanted a cheap nitro buggy I would go with the Hobao Hyper 7 https://www.absolutehobbyz.com/hobao-hyper-7-tq-rtr-w-h-2802turbo-engine-14kg-servos-2-4g-blue.html it's cheaper, has aluminum shocks and adjustable turnbuckles. Parts for the Hyper 7 can be found all over the place online as well as a plethora of upgrades. I would also be weary of buying Losi cars that go on sale, normally when that happens it is because they are having a fire sale and trying to get rid of them before they discontinue them.

edit
GODDAMN how can this hobao be so cheap ?

I have one Hobao 7. , the pro version, with competition 21, i spend over 1200bucks on it

anyways, this rtr looks awsome
TS Buy this hobao slick2500 linked, it is a real steal at that price if you want RTR

nothing beats anyways the race kit and mach2 at that price

Last edited:
You have local track ?
WOW you are lucky.
Then you want that ASS kit and mach2

I did live near track self before, now i live 2hours from, 4h driving is not acceptable with todays 1/1 gasoline prices here in EU. We pay 8bucks per gallon here today. INSANE.

i miss a rc track badly.
You are lucky.

In your case it is worth go with race kit offcourse , this is the magic at track.

Your Typhon is it V4 or v5 ? then it belongs to bashing,
But if you have TLR typhon Roller then you have a nice BL buggy at track also

Nitro sound is magic, and at track Nitro is fun.

Bashing then Brushless is ultimate , you need the speed when Bashing

Good luck buying your new Nitro

Thanks man and I agree I’m lucky. It’s a relativity new track so I want to capitalize while I still can.

My Typhon 6s is a V5 and great for bashing. Mostly use on road but looking to get some track-ish wheel/tires for the occasional track day.

Nitro would be mostly for the track so I’d like to get something setup for that but doesn’t have to be top of the line as I don’t plan to participate in an actual race day.

What do y’all think about HB D8T Evo3? This one is local and listed for $500.

3259608E-B31F-45AA-9055-F0AA727EBC0A.jpeg

HH has them $50 off. Kind of want another nitro. Sold my others off last year and they were Traxxas brand. Wasn’t crazy about them but like nitro.

View attachment 232185

LOSI10 gets you another 10% off if you are a HH member (it's free to join), so it will be $379.99+tax.

I just got a Kyosho NEO 3.0, only broke in the engine so far, but it screams and seems really nice for only $350.

Thanks man and I agree I’m lucky. It’s a relativity new track so I want to capitalize while I still can.

My Typhon 6s is a V5 and great for bashing. Mostly use on road but looking to get some track-ish wheel/tires for the occasional track day.

Nitro would be mostly for the track so I’d like to get something setup for that but doesn’t have to be top of the line as I don’t plan to participate in an actual race day.

What do y’all think about HB D8T Evo3? This one is local and listed for $500.

View attachment 232198
That's a good deal if it's ready to run.

LOSI10 gets you another 10% off if you are a HH member (it's free to join), so it will be $379.99+tax.

I just got a Kyosho NEO 3.0, only broke in the engine so far, but it screams and seems really nice for only $350.

Watched your videos when you first got this one. It’s been on my list to check out if/when I got back into nitro.
That's a good deal if it's ready to run.
Missing the transmitter but have an extra dumbo RC receiver laying around I could use.

This is somewhat local on FB marketplace as well. $300 losi 8ight 3.0. Ready to run with losi TLR starter box.

B7E7149E-DD3D-4460-8CF6-1D41DE367EC0.jpeg

5061950C-E8C4-4AE3-8B2D-603416E1B4D6.jpeg

Glad I asked about nitro today at the hobby shop. They don’t allow nitros or anything larger than a 4s lipo. Guess I’ll need to get a 4s lipo or even get a new buggy or something and a couple 3s lipos
Guess I could still always get one just to bash 🤔

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back