Kraton What size pinion gear can i throw for kraton 8s besides stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go up two teeth from stock be sure to keep an eye on motor and esc temps. A temp gauge would be very helpful. I got mine from Amazon for 20 dollars.

I went from 23 to 26t (and 47t stock spur) on my K8S with the 1100 kv Firma motor, runs great, gets a bit warm for my use. I'll likely have to drop it back down a tooth or two once summer gets here. Depends greatly on how/where you use it and what tires you run.. I definitely agree that a temp gun is very valuable to have.

IDK what the biggest pinion that fits is, but do know that to go much bigger than my current 26t, I would definitely have to change out the spur. My motor mount doesn't have much more adjustment left currently.

Last edited:
I went from 23 to 26t (and 47t stock spur) on my K8S with the 1100 kv Firma motor, runs great, gets a bit warm for my use. I'll likely have to drop it back down a tooth or two once summer gets here. Depends greatly on how/where you use it and what tires you run.. I definitely agree that a temp gun is very valuable to have.

IDK what the biggest pinion that fits is, but do know that to go much bigger than my current 26t, I would definitely have to change out the spur. My motor mount doesn't have much more adjustment left currently.
think you get a 30t pinion in the box. heard a few say 28t is the best but like you said it gets a bit warm with a 26t so 28t seems a bit much unless you put better fans on the motor and esc.

think you get a 30t pinion in the box. heard a few say 28t is the best but like you said it gets a bit warm with a 26t so 28t seems a bit much unless you put better fans on the motor and esc.
I see. TBH, I didn't get any alternate gears with mine since I bought a v1 rtr K8S. It came with a 23t pinion, 1250kv 4685 motor. Wierd part though is that the original v1 K8S rtr came with a 17t pinion, same motor.. talk about slow, I couldn't imagine how anemic that must have been. LOL
I bought a v2 Firma 160/1100kv combo from a member here, who graciously threw me some freebies too. So I have 23,26 and 30t pinions, and a few spare 47t spurs.
I tried the stock 4685 motor that came my rtr but wasn't really impressed, so I tossed the 5687 in, along with a 26t pinion. Much better, but, TBH still not what I expected. So i turned the esc up to max punch, which I never do in my rigs. It's "woke" now, LOL. I'm finding the 26t is actually too much speed for my small area. I'm thinking about trying the 4685 again. It might be enough to satisfy me, IDK.

Back