Mojave Using a Mojave 6S as a prototype GoPro camera mounting vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Months ago, after receiving many answers from this forum, I determined the Mojave 6S SC Truck would be the best stable platform to build a series of prototype GoPro camera mounts, for filming not only the Mojave truck in action, along with other moving RC vehicles, as well as filming tracking shots of scale model dioramas. Some of the camera-mounts, for specific applications will utilize a 3-Axis Gimbal GoPro camera stabilizer.

The 1st mount I'm building is called an "outrigger" and is attached onto the rear bumper. The camera can be located on either side of the vehicle. For slow tracking shots, the camera can be extended out to a max. of 24 inches.

left side.png

Best rear shot .png

Side view.png

close up.png

Oooh ima need something like this plz!! Lol. What mount where’d ya get it

Nice!! Thank u. I didn’t notice the handle was zipped into the rear bumper. Cool beans. Can’t wait to see your footage!!

Months ago, after receiving many answers from this forum, I determined the Mojave 6S SC Truck would be the best stable platform to build a series of prototype GoPro camera mounts, for filming not only the Mojave truck in action, along with other moving RC vehicles, as well as filming tracking shots of scale model dioramas. Some of the camera-mounts, for specific applications will utilize a 3-Axis Gimbal GoPro camera stabilizer.

The 1st mount I'm building is called an "outrigger" and is attached onto the rear bumper. The camera can be located on either side of the vehicle. For slow tracking shots, the camera can be extended out to a max. of 24 inches.

View attachment 107477

View attachment 107478

View attachment 107479

View attachment 107480

Here is 80 seconds of footage from the 1st test of the GoPro outrigger mount. This was a "low speed" run with the camera extended ~ 5 in. from the body. I discovered I need to add a counter balance weight to the truck to offset the weight from the moment arm of the camera, which will be even greater when I extend the arm out to 10" or more. I also need to get some shots with the camera at different angles to the car as well as backwards looking shots. Very happy with these initial results, the GoPro internal stabilization is amazing!

Last edited:
You need to upload to any other social media and paste the link here. YouTube is the most common

I use Vimeo and simply paste the video link in the post. YouTube works the same.
We are anxiously awaiting to watch the video. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back