Umm what? servo issue reefs 422hd v2, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre programmed winch controllet?
I don’t think so because it still steering and when it does the rotation it does a little throttle and acts like it’s browning out the car
It seems to be getting warm while messing with it

Last edited:
I don’t think so because it still steering and when it does the rotation it does a little throttle and acts like it’s browning out the car
It seems to be getting warm while messing with it
All servos generate heat. What you need to note is how fast and how hot. Also is that a 360 servo? If not, it may be a winch servo or programmed to be a winch servo as noted above.

All servos generate heat. What you need to note is how fast and how hot. Also is that a 360 servo? If not, it may be a winch servo or programmed to be a winch servo as noted above.
It don’t think so but if it is was an I supposed to do

I'm not sure. But a 180 or 270 wouldn't make the turns that you just showed. Could indicate a short. I had a PowerHD that did somewhat a similar thing where it had a mind of its own. I ended up warrantying it. After about five mins, it would suddenly(and unpromted) turn either way, straighten, turn again and enter into seizures(it would "jitter" where it turned right and left repeatedly very fast). CS said it was shorted out.

I'm not sure. But a 180 or 270 wouldn't make the turns that you just showed. Could indicate a short. I had a PowerHD that did somewhat a similar thing where it had a mind of its own. I ended up warrantying it. After about five mins, it would suddenly(and unpromted) turn either way, straighten, turn again and enter into seizures(it would "jitter" where it turned right and left repeatedly very fast). CS said it was shorted out.
Yeah it’s not a 360* servo so it must be shorting out sucks because it’s new

I have the same servo. It did really weird stuff in my crawler... but works in my fireteam...but never did the 360 move yours is doing though. Def seems like a programming issue. If you can get in contact with reefs then do that. I tried about a month ago and couldn't so idk. Or find someone with a reefs link or purchase one.

Snl Chucky GIF by Saturday Night Live

Took to my hobby shop and exchanged it for a triple 7 a lot more but hope it’s worth the price
Review it when you can. I'm curious too. Folks in my various groups say it's the bees knees yet my serious crawler friends say it's "ok" and most of the money is for the brand name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back