Transmitter calibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garcbomber

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
Disregard-resolved with calibration

Last edited:
I would check on repair estimate cost versus cost of new transmitter and do the cheapest option. Just my opinion.

I have not reached out to Spektrum/HH yet, sounds like this is an isolated incident.

HH and Spektrum only let you submit questions if you have an order/case.

Anyone have a direct customer service email for either??

Thanks,
Tim

I would toss that DX5 Rugged. Before you keep $investing$ in any more Spektrum Rx's. Cut your losses. I did. I have just a few seldom used Vintage models remaining on my DX5C. How "Rugged" can it really be, if it craps out like that??
My regular DX5 sucks, for other reasons. Tempermental binding issues etc AVC sucks. I could go on.
My $80. cheap RL RC6GS is leaps and bounds way better. Its Gyro Rx's are inexpensive. Of course my NB4 is even better. But the RL has the best range hands down. What I speed run with.

Last edited:
They're undergoing some backend wizardry that's eating up all of their time so there's no way to contact someone directly at Horizon. Spektrum has a good reputation in this industry, there's no reason to ditch it because some forum-goer has problems with it (and seemingly lots of stuff they use). I'd hit up the website chat button and get it serviced.

I picked up a DX5C for $80 off ebay and prefer the accuracy and flexibility of Spektrum telemetry on my bashers. Constantly on the edge with speed gearing and temps it simplifies things, having to di<k around with an IR thermometer or additional temp probes and bending down/removing body to get digital data is tedious/wasteful. My motors run over 250+ but I know spektrum 160A ESCs don’t need to flirt over 200F on telemetry where I can trigger an alarm for cool down. Couple buttons on the tx and I’m back to the rig that was in downtime 👍🏼

Last edited:
Spektrum radios are way faster, more accurate and linear than your usual cheapo Radiolink/Flysky/etc. It's not until you get to the $200+ radios that they get there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back