Talion exb 8s goals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taliphon 6s

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I have a talion exb with a mamba monster x 8s esc and currently have a spektrum 1250kv but will ultimately have a 1650 sensored castle back in it. I took it out yesterday with the 1250kv setup and did some top speed attempts on 8s on this massive well mowed grass field they use as soccer fields. I was able to get a gps recorded 61mph which is absolutely rippin in my opinion for in the grass and imbplenty happy and impressed with it. The thing is there's sooo much more there. The only reason I can't it to go faster from that point is because no matter how lightly I lay into it more from there it seems to hit some insane jump in torque and will wheelie and pull to the left. I have a 23t pinion. 500k in the center and 50k in both the front and rear diffs. Just looking for advice on where to start with setting it up to stay better planted on soft terrain at higher speeds like that.

So I have a talion exb with a mamba monster x 8s esc and currently have a spektrum 1250kv but will ultimately have a 1650 sensored castle back in it. I took it out yesterday with the 1250kv setup and did some top speed attempts on 8s on this massive well mowed grass field they use as soccer fields. I was able to get a gps recorded 61mph which is absolutely rippin in my opinion for in the grass and imbplenty happy and impressed with it. The thing is there's sooo much more there. The only reason I can't it to go faster from that point is because no matter how lightly I lay into it more from there it seems to hit some insane jump in torque and will wheelie and pull to the left. I have a 23t pinion. 500k in the center and 50k in both the front and rear diffs. Just looking for advice on where to start with setting it up to stay better planted on soft terrain at higher speeds like that.
And the "goals" im looking to achieve are a 70+ capable in the grass rig thays still drive able enough to bash without changing any gearing. So far I can run the rig pretty hard jumping and going flat out for about 15-20 minutes before it starts getting hot and even then it never really gets above 190 according to my telemetry sensor and infrared gun. So I feel like I'm ok with the gearing/temp range for bashing. I'd just like to set it up better to maybe apply more of the power that's definitely there to the ground to get it above 60 on the grass

Last edited:
Envious you have enough space to get up to those speeds on grass. My local park will literally see my truck in the bushes before it hits that speed 😂.

Have you tried on loose dirt - will probably go faster huh.

Envious you have enough space to get up to those speeds on grass. My local park will literally see my truck in the bushes before it hits that speed 😂.

Have you tried on loose dirt - will probably go faster huh.
Just found it the other day. Not even 10 minutes from home. First place I've found where open space isn't an issue and I can actually get some real testing done lol.

Back