Should i rebuild my castle motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgwild1717

Reaction score
I have a 1515 2200kv non sensored castle motor and now I'm hearing a squeak on start up. I took the front cap off and the bearing was dirty I cleaned it all up and oiled it. The back plate screws are stripped lol go figure. I got this motor 2nd hand BTW. Should I rebuild it or just get a new system?

I have a 1515 2200kv non sensored castle motor and now I'm hearing a squeak on start up. I took the front cap off and the bearing was dirty I cleaned it all up and oiled it. The back plate screws are stripped lol go figure. I got this motor 2nd hand BTW. Should I rebuild it or just get a new system?
What I have learned is for regular bashing, the rocket motors and other cheap motors are just as good as the more expensive Castle ones. For speed runs, Castle is worth it. For regular bashing, I'll probably never buy another Castle or HW motor indeed. Just FYI. I've been through that already. Now what's wrong with our current motor? If it's as much to rebuild an old castle motor vs buying a new cheapest motor, I would just get the cheaper motor. Sorry for the long response 😂
Compare the prices of these vs Castle. The ESC I would still get Castle or HW.
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/rocket

What I have learned is for regular bashing, the rocket motors and other cheap motors are just as good as the more expensive Castle ones. For speed runs, Castle is worth it. For regular bashing, I'll probably never buy another Castle or HW motor indeed. Just FYI. I've been through that already. Now what's wrong with our current motor? If it's as much to rebuild an old castle motor vs buying a new cheapest motor, I would just get the cheaper motor. Sorry for the long response 😂
Compare the prices of these vs Castle. The ESC I would still get Castle or HW.
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/rocket
I do drag racing with it. Thing is a rocket I'm just searching for more now I'm almost beating the fastest guy in my state.

20230514_074544.jpg

I do drag racing with it. Thing is a rocket I'm just searching for more now I'm almost beating the fastest guy in my state.

View attachment 299869
If it's authentic castle motor I believe they'll give you core charge for it like they do there escz..I'd contact them an find out..send them a burnt xlx2 an get a new 1 for 170$$...I imagine they do same with motors.

View attachment 299869
Oh OK, so if it's for top speed, I would probably stick with the Castle motor then. That's a nice rig 👍

Ya having much diff issues dragging the Typhon???awsome ride....
I ran the plastic diffs for a long time then put 6s on it and stripped the rear one. I'm running outcast 4s diffs in it now and the rear has a hot racing yoke. So far it's been holding up. And thanks man that means a lot I watch your YouTube videos!

Hybrid ceramic motor bearings from TRBRC are like $20-30, I think it is worth it to rebuild.

-edit- I lied they are $16 TRB RC Castle 1515 1Y - 2200KV Hybrid Ceramic Brushless Motor Ball Bearings https://a.co/d/0HVRr8B

Learned I have the Newcastle motor. The rotor is coming apart. Has anyone tried the rocket 4068 or 4076?

Screenshot_20230516_081605_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back