Reversed servo wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWSRC

Cake Boss RC pit crew!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
Lil history...
I bought this used Typhon 3s the other day with some mods and a few extra parts. Gave it a quick test and everything seemed fine, although two wires for the motor were switched, yellow and orange were swapped...
Installed electronic parts: New Arrma labeled red cap 3200kv BLX motor, Spektrum Firma 130a ESC, stock S651 servo.
Was swapping out the 130a ESC back to the OE BLX100 because I need the ESC for an OC4 project I'll be starting on soon. When I pulled the cover off the reciever box I noticed that the plug was reversed for the steering servo. I didn't think too much about it until I tried it out the 100a esc. When I plugged it in correctly the servo wouldn't function, so I reversed the plug and voila, it works?!?
Tried a spare servo on the receiver and I had to plug the spare in correctly for it to work.
Not sure what's going on here but the quality controll is a little suspect....

With the plug “reversed” are the wires still in the correct orientation? (Signal wire closest to the center of the receiver)
No the signal (grey) wire and black are reversed. Seems like the wiring my be swapped inside the servo. I had two servos I bench tested on two receivers, they appeared identical however one of them would not work when it was plugged in correctly.

Salute Yes GIF

You do know that these connectors go in either way. Obviously, if you plug them in reversed, it won't work. Ground has to be always facing the 'outside' of the receiver, typically the black wire.

Because pictures speak volumes... This servo will only work this way. Now tell me, which side should have the black wire again? 😏

20211223_141737.jpg

...and this was how I tried to correct it and was left with a non functioning servo. Am I missing something? This was the second receiver from my BRCC ( please note,the red 25kg servo in the pic is not the one in question and was unplugged for this test).
20211223_141900.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I'm impressed. That is some major f-up by whoever assembled this POS.
No, you are not missing anything. If this was new, holy cow they are worse than I thought and didn't think that was possible.
If someone tinkered with it, they could have swapped wires on the connector end for some reason.

Wow, I'm impressed. That is some major f-up by whoever assembled this POS.
No, you are not missing anything. If this was new, holy cow they are worse than I thought and didn't think that was possible.
If someone tinkered with it, they could have swapped wires on the connector end for some reason.
This cost me an hour of my life yesterday... 🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back