Replacement for Spektrum S652

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kljin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I'm looking to replace my stock servo S652 for a amazon one.
- Do I have to look for one with control angle 180° or 270°
- Will 35kg torque be sufficient?

Thanks

I'm looking to replace my stock servo S652 for an amazon one.
Good plan!
- Do I have to look for one with control angle 180° or 270°
180° is what you need. You won’t even use all of that range. Make sure you set your endpoints, it’s critical if you want the servo to last.
- Will 35kg torque be sufficient?
Yes indeed. The specs are probably exaggerated, but these servos work well for the 6s bashers.

Good plan!

180° is what you need. You won’t even use all of that range. Make sure you set your endpoints, it’s critical if you want the servo to last.

Yes indeed. The specs are probably exaggerated, but these servos work well for the 6s bashers.
Yep +1 ☝️

I've had great luck with the DS3235 servos from amazon. They're a great budget banger servo IMO. There's definitely better if you want to spend a lil more..up to you.
FWIW Jenny's has the Spektrum S665 25kg for $26. Not exactly strong, but I'm pretty confident it's quicker than a DS. Just throwing it out there.. and yes, 180 degree is what we use in ground rc's, though 270 will work. Make sure you set end points, very important as @Dan B. Stated.

Also, Jenny's does not include the 25t servo horn, so as @morrjr71 stated, you'll need a 25t horn. The DS servos usually include an aluminium horn, so might be a better choice on a budget.

when I got my kraton 6s v5 the stock servo lasted maybe a week so I replaced it with the same one cause it was really cheap on ebay at the time and its still going after a lot of heavy bashing and that was 18 months ago. the stock servo in my talion EXB is still working and the car is totally worn out after maybe 3 years of bashing :) I do love the savox 1210 sg though only one has stopped working out of the 5 I have over years of bashing and I think that was caused by the esc crapping out took the servo with it

DS3235 is not the fastest servo out there but does the job for bashing. Installed in my Kraton 6s and Big Rock 3s.

Back