PTT "Pulled the Trigger" Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB401

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Typhon 6s
Now that I have unboxed the Infraction I am patiently waiting for the upgrades to arrive. Before I go on I want to thank all those who chimed in on my "pulled the trigger" thread - you guys offered some great advice, and I really do appreciate it.

FedEx just delivered the car yesterday so I am going through a familiarization period with it right now. Of interesting note, I didn't realize ARRMA is now shipping the Infraction with the same steering servo and ESC found in the Kraton 6S. I can't find the specs on the SPM665, so I don't know the differences in torque/speed/etc. It is moot anyway, since I have already ordered a Perfect Pass 56KG servo to handle steering duties. The SPMXSE2150 looks like a more robust ESC compared to what the previous Infractions were shipped with, but I may opt for an aftermarket ESC at a later time if I find that I need to squeeze out more speed. I did place an order with Scorched parts but won't bother listing them now until the shipment arrives and I can start posting more pics as the build progresses. Some minor stuff was delivered today: 35mm fans for the ESC (one of which will go on my Typhon), fan adapter mount (to convert the stock 35mm size to 40mm - 40mm fan has not arrived yet), and some titanium goodies (front/rear skid plates and bolts for the splitter) for the underside so I don't trash the chassis too bad (yes I have OCD). I am going to use the stock body for speed runs but I did order another "show" body simply for the coolness factor (will show pics when it arrives).

*Disclaimer: I put the rear chassis skids on backwards. Will fix it...

IMG_9897.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

Awesome! That aluminum motor fan mount is siiiick! Nice bro! Where'd you find that? And your motor wires are all black, not colored. Neat. Got a pic of the servo in there?

Now that I have unboxed the Infraction I am patiently waiting for the upgrades to arrive. Before I go on I want to thank all those who chimed in on my "pulled the trigger" thread - you guys offered some great advice, and I really do appreciate it.

FedEx just delivered the car yesterday so I am going through a familiarization period with it right now. Of interesting note, I didn't realize ARRMA is now shipping the Infraction with the same steering servo and ESC found in the Kraton 6S. I can't find the specs on the SPM665, so I don't know the differences in torque/speed/etc. It is moot anyway, since I have already ordered a Perfect Pass 56KG servo to handle steering duties. The SPMXSE2150 looks like a more robust ESC compared to what the previous Infractions were shipped with, but I may opt for an aftermarket ESC at a later time if I find that I need to squeeze out more speed. I did place an order with Scorched parts but won't bother listing them now until the shipment arrives and I can start posting more pics as the build progresses. Some minor stuff was delivered today: 35mm fans for the ESC (one of which will go on my Typhon), fan adapter mount (to convert the stock 35mm size to 40mm - 40mm fan has not arrived yet), and some titanium goodies (front/rear skid plates and bolts for the splitter)

for the underside so I don't trash the chassis too bad (yes I have OCD). I am going to use the stock body for speed runs but I did order another "show" body simply for the coolness factor (will show pics when it arrives).

*Disclaimer: I put the rear chassis skids on backwards. Will fix it...

View attachment 375945

View attachment 375946

View attachment 375947

View attachment 375948

View attachment 375949

IF severe OCD..
Might want to get your hands on a chassis decal/protector to avoid those rock scratches.

Looks good, I always enjoy an infraction build! I’m in need of a new body since hitting the guardrail the front end is crumpled up but this is my buildView attachment 375953View attachment 375954
Very nice!

IF severe OCD..
Might want to get your hands on a chassis decal/protector to avoid those rock scratches.
Actually I already did order one from Dark Side Studio Arts...I realize the car is going to get banged up but I can't help myself...

Awesome! That aluminum motor fan mount is siiiick! Nice bro! Where'd you find that? And your motor wires are all black, not colored. Neat. Got a pic of the servo in there?

Odd enough, the body was just delivered...going to have to adjust the body mounts for it to fit. As soon as I do that I will post a pic.
As a side note, it is "pre-painted." Bought the body for what it is, but I am not super excited about the livery. If I was a painter I'd have many more options, but painting is not my thing.

IMG_9937.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! It's got the new S665 servo & the V2 stealth 150a ESC! Mines the orange ESC & the red ADS-15M servo.

Nice! It's got the new S665 servo & the V2 stealth 150a ESC! Mines the orange ESC & the red ADS-15M servo.
Yeah, had no idea ARRMA was doing this. It's not posted anywhere that I am aware of. Def a bonus

I dig the tires/wheels. Very scale. I am assuming these are Pro-Lines?
Have you ran them yet (pulled them off another car)?

edit: they look pretty new, so I am guessing you haven't had the chance

Last edited:
Yeah, had no idea ARRMA was doing this. It's not posted anywhere that I am aware of. Def a bonus
I didn't either. I picked mine up at my LHS. Didn't know to look 1st. That was back early February.

I dig the tires/wheels. Very scale. I am assuming these are Pro Lines?
Have you ran them yet (pulled them off another car)?

edit: they look pretty new, so I am guessing you haven't had the chance
Those appear to be the new ProLine Belted wheels, but the 1 review I see on the Horizon site doesn't bode well for them on an Infxn.

Those appear to be the new ProLine Belted wheels, but the 1 review I see on the Horizon site doesn't bode well for them on an Infxn.
I just put them on today. I plan on running the stock wheels 1st. 🏁 . I saw the HH review. Both from the same person. Identical verbatim. He does not know how to put wheels on. They went on with no problems what so ever. 🏁 . They seem stout.

Last edited:
I just put them on today. I plan on running the stock wheels 1st. 🏁 . I saw the HH review. Both from the same person. Identical verbatim. He does not know how to put wheels on. They went on with no problems what so ever. 🏁 . They seem stout.
Great to here. Let us know somewhere how they perform vs Hoons, GRP, Grippers, etc. I personally think I like the Grippers the most for the style of driving that I do, but I like the price on GRP best. :p

The body arrived the other night. Ford Mustang. Not a NASCAR fan (MOTO GP is my drug of choice), so I took a heat gun to it and sanitized the body as much as I could without dorking it up. I ordered some custom vinyl ARRMA decals from a company in Cali, and will try to create my own design. Closest thing I can accomplish without being "forced" to paint...
Servo arrived today, and boy is it nice. Very reminiscent of a Reefs Raw 500 https://www.perfectpassrc.com/produ...y-precise-shockproof-rc-car-servo-watch-video
40mm fan was also delivered, but still waiting on my Scorched Parts order - comin' in from the U.K. so it is going to take a few days

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the 35mm fan on the ESC. The aluminum case was just slightly bigger than the stock fan, so getting the cover back on was a little bit of a chore but doable.
Went ahead and pulled the fan out of my Typhon and installed the same fan in it (last photo). I powered it up and it's def louder than the stock fan; I think it is rated at 21K rpm and the stock fan is around 8-9K.

IMG_9957.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

Back