Promodeler servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I've heard they were good servos, but wow! I just bought my first two for my Xmaxx and XRT, and I'm not sure I've ever held a servo that felt this high quality. This thing is insane. I can't wait to install this thing!!
20240422_141905.jpg

20240422_141917.jpg

20240422_141926.jpg

Dear Lord.. is that the motor bulging out the side of the casing.?

How do you even mount such a servo WITHOUT those standard side tabs??
This servo is specifically designed for the Xmaxx, although they sell tabs that screw into the sides of the servo to mount in place of a 1/5 servo. It has the tabs on it to mount like the stock Xmaxx servo. There is some slight modification involved in order to clear the massive motor hump, but I think it'll be worth it. It's a real horse of a servo. It's heavy, and requires it's own battery to run, but I don't know of another servo you can put into an Xmaxx with specs like this.

I have 2 (average sized ones :rolleyes:), and love them.
And, John is great to deal with (as long as you're not trying to BS him into warrantying something that you've done..)
He has been very pleasant to deal with so far, and has been very nice. The other servo I have coming is specifically made for the XRT. It's a mirror image of this one, and it was added to the website yesterday. I actually bought the very first one. I'm looking forward to installing that one, because I'm waiting on more parts for the Xmaxx, so I'm waiting to install this one.

How much was that, like $300? I think you could have bought a Granite 3S instead and stuck the BLX motor and ESC in the servo spot instead and had even more torque and power! :D

How much was that, like $300? I think you could have bought a Granite 3S instead and stuck the BLX motor and ESC in the servo spot instead and had even more torque and power! :D
Yep, roughly that. I figured with the absurd amount of money I've already dumped into that truck, I might as well lol.

looks heavy :rolleyes:
It is, but so is the rest of the truck. That project kinda spun out of control, and I wound up with a truck that was just too heavy to rely on a standard size servo. I was planning on converting it to 1/5 scale when I found this one.

So I received my new servo for the XRT. It's basically a mirror image of the Xmaxx one. Here's the bench test at only 7.4 volts...

Back