PPS mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Anyone know what the biggest tooth count pinion you can use on the original PPS mount, if you run a stock 50T EXB spur ??
I seem to remember the TTC was 86 but I'm not quite sure :unsure:

I don’t know Brian but damn those mounts are sweet right?
When you say TTC 86, is that total tooth count between the spur and pinion? I’ve never heard that term before……so 86-50 should allow a 36 pinion?

cheers,
kev

See here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/max5-800kv-infraction-build.54057/post-779826
The PPS mount has a total tooth count (TTC) as follows:

The 25mm version will allow for a TTC Between 60 and 81 Teeth.
The 30mm version will allow for a TTC Between 71 and 92 Teeth.
I don’t know Brian but damn those mounts are sweet right?
When you say TTC 86, is that total tooth count between the spur and pinion? I’ve never heard that term before……so 86-50 should allow a 36 pinion?

cheers,
kev
“Total tooth count” that’s what pps calls it… he used to have it in his listing but I couldn’t find it this time..

Thank you. I'm trying to build the ultimate drift Infraction
I had a felony with the max6 5687 combo in it, it was mental lol. I ended up selling it after a couple runs, I liked my infraction better for the diffs and tires on the felony were hard to get at the time

I had a felony with the max6 5687 combo in it, it was mental lol. I ended up selling it after a couple runs, I liked my infraction better for the diffs and tires on the felony were hard to get at the time
I'm running mmx8s & castle 1717 . I'm a bit of a hard parking lot drifter & mmx8s is cutting out . going to replace it with the xlx2 from my limitless which is for sale as a roller

I'm running mmx8s & castle 1717 . I'm a bit of a hard parking lot drifter & mmx8s is cutting out . going to replace it with the xlx2 from my limitless which is for sale as a roller
That’s a bummer about your mmx8s … wonder if it’s getting too hot or pulling too many amps or something hmm 🤔

Will a TP 5650 fit a stock PPS mount
Yes 5650 1440kv fits perfectly.

20220823_194537.jpg

Last edited:
Next question, who knows the TTC of the new PPS mount ??
That one is a bit tricky. It's a lot.

I prefer to see the TTC kept around the old mount specs, because the further you hang the motor out from the center, the motor mount frame is more susceptible to bending in a good hard wreck. Not to say that it's a fragile system. At this point I think I can say it's a robust setup but at 150+ into a curb the mount is more likely to bend if the motor is all the way out with the biggest gears vs all the way in with the smallest.

It's a good idea to look at your ratios and get the smallest gear set within reason. So a 50t spur and 50t pinion is 1:1 ratio. If you were running a 34 spur and 34 pinion, that would be the same 1:1 ratio, and exactly as fast without hanging the motor way off the mount.

All that being said, the new TTC I believe is 103 or 113. It's over 100, and ends with a 3 lol. I did put extra space in the "grublock" mount for people to tinker. I just like to let people know that just because you can, doesn't mean you should... but if you really want to... I gave you the room to play.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back