Vorteks potbellied Vorteks needs suspension help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonteksunrise

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
With the additions of the M2C chassis brace and motor plate/upper chassis brace along with the M2C 17MM hex adapters and Proline badlands MX28 belted with aluminum hubs my Vorteks is riding heavy and it sags a ton just sitting there. I added Team Associated Factory Team aluminum shocks from my Rival MT10 and they didn't really make a difference on ride height or chassis slap.

I'm having trouble even finding what weight shock oil came in those shocks and can't find what color TA springs come on them either.

What's the best way to get this little piglet up off the ground? Stiffer springs, heavier weight oil, or a combination of both? Front springs measure 63mm and rear springs 75mm if that helps at all with any recommendations for stiffer springs.

That pig needs some 6s shocks bubba.. get to researching!! 🤣
I've read through the pinned shock upgrade thread and looked like Vorteks was pretty limited on shock upgrades. Big thanks to whoever found the Axial bushing that fit in the TA shocks as I could not figure out how to get rid of the slop on the upper mount until reading that tip.

I initially went with the hot racing shocks and snapped a rod within 5 minutes. Those were hot garbage. I also have the Arrma aluminum shocks that were recommended in that thread but haven't tried them yet.

Are you saying my only hope is going with the Arrma limitless shocks for the front and Arrma felony shocks for the rear?
Also I've got a pair on the non-belted badlands and am just waiting for the plastic 17mm hex adapters to arrive but I'm not sure how much a difference in weight that will make swapping out the belted with aluminum hub adapters.

Shock springs create ride height. Shock oil is the dampener. Any time you go heavier in spring, you have to go heavier in oil OR a different size hole piston.
Thanks...looks like I definitely need both a heavier spring and heavier oil.

Oh geez, bonehead.. I thought I was in that one

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back