Outcast 8s dead fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone new member here, hope everybody is well and happy! I've recently bought an Outcast 8s and after a few runs the fan on the motor heatsink has stopped working, I've not had any crashes etc and there is no visible damage on the fan or the fan wires etc, any ideas on if it's more than likely dead?

Hi everyone new member here, hope everybody is well and happy! I've recently bought an Outcast 8s and after a few runs the fan on the motor heatsink has stopped working, I've not had any crashes etc and there is no visible damage on the fan or the fan wires etc, any ideas on if it's more than likely dead?
Try pulling the cover off and see if you have a broken blade that's caught inside keeping it from spinning.

Try pulling the cover off and see if you have a broken blade that's caught inside keeping it from spinning.
I've taken the cover plate off and no damage at all, the fan to look at is in perfect condition. I installed the 23t pinion yesterday and gave it a run and the motor was absolutely boiling hot,

I've taken the cover plate off and no damage at all, the fan to look at is in perfect condition. I installed the 23t pinion yesterday and gave it a run and the motor was absolutely boiling hot,
with stock electronics don't upgrade the electronics. They cant handle it.

The stock fans SUCK. I use powerhobby ones. Much better quality.

I'll order one when I can. Should the outcast stock electronics be able to handle the 23t pinion for general bashing do you think?

I'll order one when I can. Should the outcast stock electronics be able to handle the 23t pinion for general bashing do you think?
When I was stock yeah the stock electronics could handle the 23t pinion. I went bigger though since I never felt it was enough rotation in the air. Also I'm into double backflips, so yeah. Hehe. Enjoy your beast!

Back