New Body For The Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
I'd been wanting a truck body for quite some time, and then this discontinued Ram body popped up on ebay. First thing I noticed was how much thicker this body was compared to my other Proline bodies. I would've hated to had to cut this thing out. I decided to try Traxxas paint for this one...HUGE MISTAKE. The Traxxas can was twice the size of the Tamiya paint, but for the same price, figured I'd be getting more paint for my money. The guy at the counter warned me about the paint, and boy I should've listened. This paint was horrible. It's super fine and thin. I probably could've got more coverage from a smaller Tamiya can. It might not show in the pictures, but the transparency even after spraying the backing paint is ridiculous 😡 And it also has a rough, sand paper feel. I prepped correctly did everything the same as I've done on my other bodies, but this paint just sucks. This is probably my least favorite body I've done, but it came out OK I guess. Definitely gives the Kraton a different look. From now on I'm just gonna stick with Tamiya & Duratrax paints.

20240301_213748.jpg

20240301_213711.jpg

20240301_213621.jpg

20240301_140327.jpg

I'd been wanting a truck body for quite some time, and then this discontinued Ram body popped up on ebay. First thing I noticed was how much thicker this body was compared to my other Proline bodies. I would've hated to had to cut this thing out. I decided to try Traxxas paint for this one...HUGE MISTAKE. The Traxxas can was twice the size of the Tamiya paint, but for the same price, figured I'd be getting more paint for my money. The guy at the counter warned me about the paint, and boy I should've listened. This paint was horrible. It's super fine and thin. I probably could've got more coverage from a smaller Tamiya can. It might not show in the pictures, but the transparency even after spraying the backing paint is ridiculous 😡 And it also has a rough, sand paper feel. I prepped correctly did everything the same as I've done on my other bodies, but this paint just sucks. This is probably my least favorite body I've done, but it came out OK I guess. Definitely gives the Kraton a different look. From now on I'm just gonna stick with Tamiya & Duratrax paints.

View attachment 352065

View attachment 352066

View attachment 352067

View attachment 352068
Good to know, thanks for the tip! I started with Tamiya and have been given no reasons to try anything different. I guess the cost is put into the quality.

funny, a few weeks ago I was in my LHS standing in front of Traxxas paint thinking the same exact thing. I have been sticking to Tamiya & Spaz Stix (really like) paints. I am not a good painter, but learning more and more.
Owner was telling me that Spaz Stix is expanding their paint line and he was having to make room for the new products/racks etc

Good to know, thanks for the tip! I started with Tamiya and have been given no reasons to try anything different. I guess the cost is put into the quality.
For sure man, those Tamiya cans are small, but the quality is top tier. Lesson learned 🤦‍♂️

funny, a few weeks ago I was in my LHS standing in front of Traxxas paint thinking the same exact thing. I have been sticking to Tamiya & Spaz Stix (really like) paints. I am not a good painter, but learning more and more.
Owner was telling me that Spaz Stix is expanding their paint line and he was having to make room for the new products/racks etc
Spaz Stix paints are super good as well, can't go wrong with them or Tamiya. Glad you didn't pick up those Traxxas cans, smart man lol 🍻

View attachment 352065

View attachment 352066

View attachment 352067

View attachment 352068
Nice job on the cover, doesn't look bad at all in the pics.👍

The Traxxas paint sucks I used an entire can on my F150 Supercab body and it still was super thin.
Stuff is horrible man. Seeing as how it was Traxxas , I figured it would cover just as good, if not better than Tamiya.

Nice job on the cover, doesn't look bad at all in the pics.👍
That's the magic of the camera lol. In person it's much more transparent, and you can even see the rough texture that it dried with.

Stuff is horrible man. Seeing as how it was Traxxas , I figured it would cover just as good, if not better than Tamiya.

That's the magic of the camera lol. In person it's much more transparent, and you can even see the rough texture that it dried with.
I have another can of Traxxas paint not even sure if I want to bother trying it out or not.

Back