My transmitter keeps cutting out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a slt3 and it keeps cutting out when I hit full throttle… I just changed the servo and added a double fan to the motor. The esc is a 85 amp spectrum esc but that gets warm.

The new servo and double fans are probably drawing too much amps..

I have a slt3 and it keeps cutting out when I hit full throttle… I just changed the servo and added a double fan to the motor. The esc is a 85 amp spectrum esc but that gets warm.
Did everything work before the servo swap and fans?

What happens after it cuts out? What is the LED doing on the esc after it cuts out?

As noted above, you may be drawing too much amps and not leaving enough power for the receiver to fully function as it should. I was you not too long ago, so allow me to explain what a brownout is, in simple terms, before anything rash happens.
Your car is a body. The battery supplies blood, the receiver is the brain, the servo is the arms and legs, and the esc is the heart. Following? In normal circumstances, everything works together with the batteries supplying enough blood to keep it all functioning. Then one day you become more active than normal. Maybe you start doing say, jumping Jack's. Now your legs and arms require more blood to keep up with the pace yet the battery can't give any more than it was all along up this point. So it feeds the legs and arms, leaving less for the brain. With the brain not getting its full normal dosage, it's performance goes downhill and it doesn't function properly. Sort like me before my morning coffee, but that's another story. Because it's not functioning properly, the brain is now doing its own thing. Maybe it goes right when left is called for. .Maybe it cuts in and out. Or maybe it takes off full throttle into a curb where it flips into a tree and bursts a lipo imitating Bob Marley's tour bus when it really was just suppose to sit still and behave.

Dedicated batteries for fans/lights help alot.
FB_IMG_1676360842829.jpg

Last edited:
I would give the fans its own source of power ..buy a little lipo battery just to power the fans.that should help .👍

Solving RC problems is a matter of trial and error. Unplug the fans and test run. The reciever should have no issue running just a servo unless it's something crazy. On full throttle does it cut off completely or just momentarily lose power? If it completely cuts off completely you may be hitting thermal on the esc. If so you may want to check the esc fan is working or replace it with a better one.

Solving RC problems is a matter of trial and error. Unplug the fans and test run. The reciever should have no issue running just a servo unless it's something crazy. On full throttle does it cut off completely or just momentarily lose power? If it completely cuts off completely you may be hitting thermal on the esc. If so you may want to check the esc fan is working or replace it with a better one.
I unplugged the fans it still cut out and I just replaced the old servo…… I have an Arrma vorteks

Did everything work before the servo swap and fans?

What happens after it cuts out? What is the LED doing on the esc after it cuts out?
Everything worked before the servo replacement and adding the fans. It cuts out momentarily then turns back on. I broke the steering block because I was going full throttle, it cut out, and went 55mph into a rock

What servo did you install? I’m no servo expert but I believe some servos are known to pull higher amps. Savox is one I believe…..again I’m no servo expert.

The Vorteks includes a DX3 remote and AVC receiver. They have a unique binding process (grab the manual) but also don't always play nice with all servos due to the AVC.

I would make sure you have a good solid fully charged battery (limit the possibility of voltage sag under full load), check all your connections including motor wires, turn OFF the AVC function, if you are still getting cut outs perform the full remote receiver re-bind process, try another stock servo (S652 from the 6s line would be good).

Servo amps are a thing too, if your BEC is overloaded it could brown out.

Everything worked before the servo replacement and adding the fans. It cuts out momentarily then turns back on. I broke the steering block because I was going full throttle, it cut out, and went 55mph into a rock

The Vorteks includes a DX3 remote and AVC receiver. They have a unique binding process (grab the manual) but also don't always play nice with all servos due to the AVC.

I would make sure you have a good solid fully charged battery (limit the possibility of voltage sag under full load), check all your connections including motor wires, turn OFF the AVC function, if you are still getting cut outs perform the full remote receiver re-bind process, try another stock servo (S652 from the 6s line would be good).

Servo amps are a thing too, if your BEC is overloaded it could brown out.
It was a vortex mega and I upgraded it A LOT

What servo did you install? I’m no servo expert but I believe some servos are known to pull higher amps. Savox is one I believe…..again I’m no servo expert.
I put in the spectrum….. if I was to get an upgrade for the servo should I put in a better one or something else. What are your recommendations

S6170S6170​

Last edited:
Back