Maverick Quantum MT Flux. 2s/3s capable 1/10 MT $209???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned the first production run of the quantum flux, with the 30a ESC. It did break very easily
They Began releasing HD parts (Stronger) .
I had replaced all of the drive shafts and axles
I did sell it for some money back on buying the Quantum flux +, which supposedly came with HD parts pre installed, but it being a bit bigger and a bit heavier with the same parts made it weaker. I do believe they have improved them with a revised version with an 80a ESC ,
I can say my little maverick was a better car when I sold it then when I bought it.
I always say. RTR cars are Ready to Rebuild.
It’s sad you had such a disaster out time.
As for motor mesh it’s always worth checking thing before use. I know someone still running their maverick quantum and it’s running well.
All but the rear wing they use another one .
I put the HD CVDS and it busted one right on the hub. This thing just can't handle 3s. I'll replace that part again and try it on 2s this time 🙄.
Sorry I didn't mean that all of Redcats cars are junk, just the ones that are the HSP and BSD Racing rebrands. I do wish they would bring back the Team Redcat TRMT8E.
No worries. I think that most of us know that the Kaiju is a great value for what you get. I do agree that some of those Redcat models I wouldn't buy either 👍.

I put the HD CVDS and it busted one right on the hub. This thing just can't handle 3s. I'll replace that part again and try it on 2s this time 🙄.

No worries. I think that most of us know that the Kaiju is a great value for what you get. I do agree that some of those Redcat models I wouldn't buy either 👍.
You got to put a washer the same diameter as the Hex behind the hex, between the hub and the hex that will stop any flex pressure on the axle .

You got to put a washer the same diameter as the Hex behind the hex, between the hub and the hex that will stop any flex pressure on the axle .
These are the CVDS not the dog bone. Anyways, this little truck sucks no matter what you do. The breakage was in the inside not the outside. And yes I had put extra shims in there. The materials just suck big time with this thing. I've spent like $100 + in upgrades and it still sucks. Like I said, I'll only run it on 2s. The stock ESC couldn't even handle 3s. I installed the Granite V3 ESC on it. It's ok. I'll never buy anything HPI or Maverick again. Their new HPI expensive truck has twin slipper clutches? That sucks!

Last edited:
These are the CVDS not the dog bone. Anyways, this little truck sucks no matter what you do. The breakage was in the inside not the outside. And yes I had put extra shims in there. The materials just suck big time with this thing. I've spent like $100 + in upgrades and it still sucks. Like I said, I'll only run it on 2s. The stock ESC couldn't even handle 3s. I installed the Granite V3 ESC on it. It's ok. I'll never buy anything HPI or Maverick again. Their new HPI expensive truck has twin slipper clutches? That sucks!
Maverick does not equate to HPI. I had a HPI Firestorm 10T that thing was far more durable than both my Arrma 3s models and my HPI Vorza is just a tank on wheels, only breakages were small piddly stuff like rod end, body mounts and the wing.

That being said I wouldn't touch the Maverick stuff with a 10 foot pole. But I would buy a Savage if the price was more reasonable.

Maverick does not equate to HPI. I had a HPI Firestorm 10T that thing was far more durable than both my Arrma 3s models and my HPI Vorza is just a tank on wheels, only breakages were small piddly stuff like rod end, body mounts and the wing.

That being said I wouldn't touch the Maverick stuff with a 10 foot pole. But I would buy a Savage if the price was more reasonable.
Cool. I saw that that their new HPI truck has slipper clutches and not a center drive for a 1/8 MT??

Cool. I saw that that their new HPI truck has slipper clutches and not a center drive for a 1/8 MT??
The Savage never had a factory center diff, always had a slipper and trans, one thing I wish they would have updated, but there are plenty of aftermarket companies that make center diff conversions.

I will always have a spot for hpi.. theses are not great.. but they are trying to make a come back. I still have my hpi blitz and it's far more durable than theses.. along with everything else they have made minus the hpi 5b.

I will always have a spot for hpi.. theses are not great.. but they are trying to make a come back. I still have my hpi blitz and it's far more durable than theses.. along with everything else they have made minus the hpi 5b.
I hear the Jumpshot lineup is supposed to be rather decent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back