Looking For Belted Tires For My Kraton 8s EXB For Offroad Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radman55

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Trying to decide on belted tires for my Kraton 8s EXB. I am considering Duratrax Lockup X Belted Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S (DTXC5586) $100 for a set of 4, Duratrax Six Pack X Belted Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S (DTXC5587) $100 for a set of 4, and Powerhobby Scorpion XL Belted Tires Viper Wheels Black $130 for a set of 4.

Trying to decide on belted tires for my Kraton 8s EXB. I am considering Duratrax Lockup X Belted Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S (DTXC5586) $100 for a set of 4, Duratrax Six Pack X Belted Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S (DTXC5587) $100 for a set of 4, and Powerhobby Scorpion XL Belted Tires Viper Wheels Black $130 for a set of 4.
My duratrax pulled off the wheels very quickly. I was even warned by my hobby shop that it would probably happen and they were right and I have seen others say the same on here. I would spend the money on the Badlands

I like the thread pattern of the Lockup X better than the Six Pack X for offroad (both belted). I had the Six Pack X, but now run the Lock up X for 1/8 scale (actually from the Louise brand, but they are the same tires).

I recently did the MX43 Badlands on the bead lock wheels. You have to drill out the hub as they are designed for the X-Maxx. I have loved them so far, little less air control but they drive much better in al other situations.

I recently did the MX43 Badlands on the bead lock wheels. You have to drill out the hub as they are designed for the X-Maxx. I have loved them so far, little less air control but they drive much better in al other situations.
The Pro-Line Badlands MX43 are twice the price of the Duratrax Lockup X Belted tires. Other than glue issues with the Duratrax, what are the advantages of the Pro-Line tires?

The Pro-Line Badlands MX43 are twice the price of the Duratrax Lockup X Belted tires. Other than glue issues with the Duratrax, what are the advantages of the Pro-Line tires?

The general consensus I found is that the duratrax wheels don't hold up well for bashing. I wanted a buy once cry once solution and I found very few people who had issues with the Proline Pro-Loc wheel combo's. My local shop knew of one instance where the bolts started to loosen on an outer beadlock ring and the tire tore. It was very soon after the pro-loc system was released and Proline warrantied it for the customer.

The general consensus I found is that the duratrax wheels don't hold up well for bashing. I wanted a buy once cry once solution and I found very few people who had issues with the Proline Pro-Loc wheel combo's. My local shop knew of one instance where the bolts started to loosen on an outer beadlock ring and the tire tore. It was very soon after the pro-loc system was released and Proline warrantied it for the customer.
Thanks for your input.

No glue is needed with the PL's. Big difference alone right there. Sometimes you have to spend more to get more. $30. savings means nothing if you blow out one or more tires and need to buy another pair of them. You are then stuck now and actually spending more $$. Only to have them blow out again and again. Then you will be looking for another brand. But hey it's all trial and error in the end. What works for some doesn't for another. We all drive differently, some are better drivers to begin with. 8S rigs can be setup differently etc. Different motors and gearing and terrain. So it can be the luck of the the draw.:rolleyes:
8s rigs cost $$. Hard to cut corners on tires and all.

Last edited:

Method RC TERRAFORM ALL-TERRAIN BELTED 1/5TH MONSTER TRUCK TIRES ON ARRAY 24MM HEX WHEELS are the best tires I have used on my Kraton 8S 1/5 rig.​

Back