KRATON KRAWLER project ... Getting so close !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Original post of the build is here See: Building a Krawler from parts ..

Had requested a section swap .. but never heard back from a moderator, thus the link.

B5.jpg

B4.jpg

Cool Build!
I want to get a Arrma Fireteam or a Mojave 6S. Something different.
How similar is this to one?

Id rather build one than buy it.

The Fireteam tires are 6.65" (169mm) X 2.6" (65mm).
How big are those? 200mm++ ?
This basically a Gen 2 Kraton ( Chassis, A-arms, Hubs ) Body & modified mounts are 6S Senton pieces.
As stated above on tires size ... In Metric @ 180x65 on 3.2" 17mm hex beadlock wheels.

Pretty sure that both FT & MO rigs are on a shorter wheelbase and narrower A-arms.. Tho don't own one :rolleyes:

This basically a Gen 2 Kraton ( Chassis, A-arms, Hubs ) Body & modified mounts are 6S Senton pieces.
As stated above on tires size ... In Metric @ 180x65 on 3.2" 17mm hex beadlock wheels.

Pretty sure that both FT & MO rigs are on a shorter wheelbase and narrower A-arms.. Tho don't own one :rolleyes:

nice, just a little bigger than the Fireteam dBoots. BIG tire.

I think this is mostly correct.

6S Arms:
Sm: Felony, Typhon, Limitless, Infraction
Med: Mojave and ??
Lg: Kraton, Talion, Bigrock, Notorious, Fireteam

6S Chassis:
SWB: Notorious, Typhon, Outcast
LWB: Kraton, Talion
XLWB: Mojave, Fireteam, Bigrock

So today took off the rear differential housing then proceeded in Changing out ( Modifing ) the forward lower a-arm pivot pin block.
With some profile trimming on a spare Rear block, it get placed up front so now BOTH pivot pins are parallel having no more TOE IN at the rear wheels (y)
Was able to keep the torque tabs on blocks forward and at rear into/threw belly pan.

With rear tires now tracking straight ahead the rig holds a line much better, does not tuck itself / roll under when hard side hilling etc ...
With both blocks at same width & spaced out just a tad further from diff housing it freed up a tad bit of axle binding at full extension of suspension. Win Win :p

T4.jpg

T5.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to take pictures ....
But today added @ 7 ounces of Lead Shot to each wheel mounted on the front end.

Using some duct tape went @ 80% around the inner rim leaving an overlap flap. this made for a space @ +3/4" wide and @ 3/8" deep.
Pouring in #4 lead shot filled the space created by the tape over. Once full, smoother out a layer that was still uncovered and pulled the tape flap over it and all the shot is now contained. Poked a dozen pin holes threw the tape covering so air can pass out the inner rims vents.

These are Very low speed wheels and balance is not even an issue to be concerned with. Now doing a re-weigh the weight distribution F/R now sitting close to 57% F & 43% R ( Ideally crawler groups say 60/40 ) so we're very close.

I'm interested to see how that works out. I thought about adding some shot to my tires.

DON'T just Bash .... KRAWL !!!!

We're officially finished .... Kraton Krawler In-Da-House (y) (y)

Senton 6S Lexan body got heat bent inward between tires to be against the outcast side guard. As such the side guards become the rock sliders and body being sloped inward should also deflect off obstacles/rocks that get between wheels. Super stoked how clean and unique this build turned out :cool:
T6.jpg

T7.jpg

T8.jpg

Last edited:
Back