Kraton 8s EXB - First Todos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

New to this forum and new to RC in general. I got a Kraton 6s a while back and got hooked, I finally got a chance to order the new Kraton 8S EXB RTR.

It should be here tomorrow. What are the first mods or in general what should I do? Will it wheelie like the Kraton 6s on punch setting 9?

I ordered 2 "GEA11K4S100E5 gensacearespammers BASHING PRO 14.8V 100C 4S2P 11000MAH" batteries as well!

Thanks everyone, excited to hear the suggestions!

Welcome to the Arrma Forum!

I have a K6, not a K8, can't help you there. But Gen Ace batteries are really good batteries.

Last edited:
I have a Kraton 8s EXB RTR.
Stock It runs better with the included speed gear.

Check front wheel wooble, the crap plastic steering knuckles you can tighten them carefully and check for smooth wheel turning and suspension movement before running it. Do not overtighten them, it will strip the plastic.

You need to replace the motor fan or heatzink fan combo to something better. Motor get to hot if used hard.

Gen ace 4s 11000 mah batteries are good but they don't fit most other RCs.

Look at other threads here for more suggestions.

Hey all!

New to this forum and new to RC in general. I got a Kraton 6s a while back and got hooked, I finally got a chance to order the new Kraton 8S EXB RTR.

It should be here tomorrow. What are the first mods or in general what should I do? Will it wheelie like the Kraton 6s on punch setting 9?

I ordered 2 "GEA11K4S100E5 gensacearespammers BASHING PRO 14.8V 100C 4S2P 11000MAH" batteries as well!

Welcome to AF😁👍

Hey all!

all I have done to mine is put a 26t pinion on and it runs great only run it 4 or 5 times so far I need to check the diffs for oil and shimming though just to be safe. also like said above it needs a better fan on the motor it gets a bit hot this time of year (y)

all I have done to mine is put a 26t pinion on and it runs great only run it 4 or 5 times so far I need to check the diffs for oil and shimming though just to be safe. also like said above it needs a better fan on the motor it gets a bit hot this time of year (y)
Me and my stock motor with the included speed gear (23 tooth I think it is.) didnt work out good.
A Surpass solution with fan and heatzink works good compared to stock solution.
Sent the motor in to HH europe without heatzink and fan and they stood by their product and sent me a new motor for free charge.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...45c21b6455ea41b35e478d6fc37&afSmartRedirect=y

Welcome, and congrats!! Sounds like you've got the bug, LOL.
The only thing I would recommend is to put some rtv or silicone sealant on the pivot ball caps. They are notorious for loosening on one side of the truck, tightening on the other. I have no idea why Arrma didn't use a spacer on the 8s rigs like they did on 6s, but they didn't.
There are several ways that I've seen folks try and prevent the plastic caps from loosening/tightening. I chose to use silicone caulk on mine first thing, before even running my K8S. I just backed the adjustment caps out most of the way from the hubs, applied a fair amount of caulk to the threads and threaded them back in. Has worked great for me. I haven't found a reason to upgrade my motor fan yet, if it gets too hot I change gearing until it runs where I want it to. I don't like relying on fans, too fragile. Enjoy!!👍😎

I'm running 30/47 mod 1 gearing currently, on 7" buggy tires (GRP). I'm getting up there on motor temp, around 165F last outing. If it proves to be too much, I'll just cut my run times down to allow the motor to cool. The Firma 160 (v1) is fine, never saw it over 120-125F yet.

Welcome! I’d say gear it up and keep an eye on your temps. Out of the box and geared up it should be a little ripper. Better fans on the motor might be worthwhile also
which fans do you recommend me to switch too?

I changed motor to 800 kv and 39:39, it also it made it cooler. A bit more expensive :D
got a link to your setup?

which fans do you recommend me to switch too?

got a link to your setup?
I’m partial to server fans (12v) and running a separate battery to power the fans. I have these hooked up to a 1300mah 3s battery. I bought 5 fans off eBay for like 25 bucks I think. 10 fans were 40.

If you can do a little solder work you should be able to do this yourself. That or use connectors down the chain, but I don’t know much about connectors.

Edit: this is 800kv 118mm motor running 37p/39s and don’t see temps over 125/130.

image.jpg

Back