Kraton 6s v3 shock bladder slipping [solved]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylo Renn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hi Arrma-Community. I've been reading this forum for a long time but this is my first time posting.
I´ve never had any trouble rebuilding my Senton v2 shocks but my rather new Kraton V3 is driving me crazy. After runniung about 4 packs I disassembled my shocks because they seemed to have air bubbles inside - you could feel and hear this when compressing the shocks. So after disassembling them I cannot tighten the black upper cap without the bladder slippind inside the shock body. As soon as I thighten the black cap (just by hand) enough to stop the oil leaking out, it pushes the bladder inside and theres to sealing at all. If i tighten it gently enough to prevent that from happening, the bleeding hole does not stop bleeding oil and sucking air inside whenever i move the shock shaft. I have watched several videos about rebuilding shocks and searched the forum, but this problem is never being adressed. Naturally I checked the bladders for damages and I thoroughly put the bladder inside the cap before I screw it on the shock body. Does anyone have a hint what could be the Problem? I have this problem with all 4 shocks, so it is most likely an user error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanlks a lot guys!

Hmm, I have rebuilt the shocks on my V3 outcast (same shocks) a few different times and I haven't had this issue. I was going to say check to see if they are damaged or if they are inserted into the shock cap all the way but it sounds like you have. I guess I would say new bladers, maybe they had a bad run of them? Not sure TBH, I'm looking forward to some other replies so I can learn something too.

Thanks for your reply! Ich tried again and again and I think finally found my mistake. It has turned out to be user error after all:
In order to achieve a zero rebound setup I pushed the shaft inside to bleed the excess oil before fully tightening the shock cap. It seems I pushed the shaft too far in. Whenever the bladder touches the nut inside the shock body and you tighten the cap further, the bladder will deform and slip out of the cap inside the body. When you think about it this is to be expected but I underestimated how much the distance is visually distorted by the oil. Small cause big effect. You are right: you can always learn something new...
Thank you very much for your help! Can't wait to get the Kraton up and running again (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back